Linux Mint 17.2: How Do I Delete The Linux Partition(s)..?!

I forgot to encrypt my home directory, tried reinstalling the OS over the old installation, but it just wanted to add it alongside the Windows & Linux install.  Tried to delete through the installer, wouldn't really let me.

So, how do I got about deleting the partition so that I can install the OS again?

I forgot to encrypt my home directory, tried reinstalling the OS over the old installation, but it just wanted to add it alongside the Windows & Linux install.  Tried to delete through the installer, wouldn't really let me.

So, how do I got about deleting the partition so that I can install the OS again?

You don't usually delete the partition unless you want a different layout/size. Running: mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1 for example will generate a new file system for your partition. Assuming you want an EXT4 file system and the partition is on sda1. lsblk -f will give you your current layout.

That being said, if all you want to do is reinstall from a live cd, then you can select the advanced partition option when it comes time to format your disk and select the existing partition to overwrite manually (give it a path of '/'). I always do that anyway in GUI installers otherwise they'll create useless swap partitions which I never need in most situations.