Some questions regarding SAS (serial attached SCSI)

So today I upgraded the drives in my HP server, it was using a HP smart array p410 but I swapped it out to a dell H810 and it's left me a bit perplexed...

The H810 is external drive only, so I'm using an 8088 <-> 8087 cable to connect to the internal port of the server that the smart array was using - as a result drive indicator lights no longer work at all... I'm assuming this is because the 8088 cable doesn't carry the drive LED indicator signals but I'm not sure if that's correct or not? Is there anyway to get the drive indicator lights working again?

SAS 6Gbps, I've got hardware support for this (the p410 had support for it as does the h810) but I can never get any drive detected as 6Gbps, do I need special drives for this to work?

Whilst settling up a RAID drive in the H810 BIOS program, I went on advanced settings and played around a bit, if I checked the 'use write back even without battery' then I got a notification warning me against it - sure I understand the ricks, the warning however said that I have no battery on the card (I'm not sure if it means that activiating it is like having no battery but they've just worded it really badly or if it can't detect the battery, there is a pack attached to the card), and I see no way of monitoring this at all such as the voltage of the battery etc. that PERC 5/6 used to allow - so what's going on with that?

Final question - dell's support website is so awful, how do you find the latest firmware for the H810?