Mass Effect: Andromeda teaser trailer

Trailer for the new Mass Effect game:

"This is Commander Shepard, signing off".

I thought Shepards story was done with ME3 and the new Mass Effect would be about some one else? Besides that it doesn't show much that is interesting.

"This is Commander Shepard, signing off".

I thought Shepards story was done with ME3 and the new Mass Effect would be about some one else? Besides that it doesn't show much that is interesting.

Kind of seems like it is, that Shepard Commander is in the Milky Way (in some form?), and the character we play has left the galaxy. 

I don't play games - I get bored with them within an hour, sometimes minutes but Mass Effect has tempted me more than any other except if they took all the Halos, removed the FPS "kill every alien" thing, jammed the huge story line together and then let me explore and build stuff out of fore-runnner artifacts.

It could very well be a prequel I guess. Maybe? Have they ruled that out?

Edit: After reading the comments people are saying it's Shepards "good bye" to the world/universe. It doesn't play that way to me so I'm not entirely sure I buy that. Also I never finished ME3 so maybe I should do that at some point in time. 

Edited by trag3dy

@trag3dy don't finish it. Let it live as a happy memory.

It's not a prequel. We never left Milky Way in the original trilogy, so clearly there have been technological advances since then.