October 2015 NPD

:p I forgot one of the reasons CD probably accepted timed exclusivity was the fear of Uncharted 4 stealing it's PS4 userbase, then Uncharted gets delayed... and Fallout 4 steals the userbase anyway lol.

yea with so many other huge titles theres not much space, but maybe sales arent as frontloaded as others but people might eventually pick it up down the line when theres a dry spell. im sure CD doesnt mind because of the bag of money ms dropped in their lap. i also dont think its a bad deal for ms either. even if people dont pick up the game, ms are still buying that perception. well known franchise(TR) exclusive on Xbox(even if only holiday). people inherently like to have things even if they dont need it.

I always enjoy the UC story more than TR, but enjoy TR game play so much more than UC game play.

im more of a MP gamer so i rarely play campaigns and find most of them boring. its very hard for me to like them, but if the story is compelling enough and engaging then it helps me enjoy the gameplay more. of course we all like different things.

Halo 5 also had the second worst launch in series history for the UK. 343 have killed this series, big time :(

[Week 11, 2002] HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED (MICROSOFT) -
[Week 46, 2004] HALO 2 (MICROSOFT) - 260,000 / NEW (85%)
[Week 39, 2007] HALO 3 (MICROSOFT) - 370,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 09, 2009] HALO WARS (MICROSOFT) - 65,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 39, 2009] HALO 3: ODST (MICROSOFT) - 212,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 37, 2010] HALO: REACH (MICROSOFT) - 390,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 46, 2011] HALO: COMBAT EVOLVED ANNIVERSARY -
[Week 45, 2012] HALO 4 (MICROSOFT) - Slightly over 332,000 / NEW (90%)
[Week 46, 2014] HALO: THE MASTER CHIEF COLLECTION (MICROSOFT) - Between 80,000 and 105,000 / NEW (95%)
[Week 44, 2015] HALO 5: GUARDIANS (MICROSOFT) - 150,000

Halo 5 also had the second worst launch in series history for the UK. 343 have killed this series, big time :(

If you mean killed the series by making the best Halo to date (Halo 5), making nearly a half billion dollars in revenue in the first week, and on a console that still has minimal market saturation, then I would agree.

Speaking of which, the game is still a top seller right now at Amazon behind Star Wars and Fallout. Looks like it should crank out another great month of sales for November. I see the Xbox One version of Star Wars and the Xbox One version of Black Ops are outselling the PS4 version at Amazon STILL, as well as Halo 5 STILL being the number one exclusive and up trending. Looks promising for November NPD.

If you mean killed the series by making the best Halo to date (Halo 5), making nearly a half billion dollars in revenue in the first week, and on a console that still has minimal market saturation, then I would agree.

Speaking of which, the game is still a top seller right now at Amazon behind Star Wars and Fallout. Looks like it should crank out another great month of sales for November. I see the Xbox One version of Star Wars and the Xbox One version of Black Ops are outselling the PS4 version at Amazon STILL, as well as Halo 5 STILL being the number one exclusive and up trending. Looks promising for November NPD.

I don't really think it's the "best Halo to date", the multiplayer is certainly solid and way better than Halo 4. But it's not the "best" either, since it's severely lacking in map variation, playlist variation and Warzone is pretty unbalanced. While I can see myself actually playing Halo 5's multiplayer, it doesn't come close to making up for the trash that it calls a campaign.

Successful, maybe, but not the best. Not objectively at least.

Sure, but for anyone else interesting in reading about our conflicting opinions, EA's digital sales only make up 20%, and that's EA.

Last quarter for EA full-game downloads represented 20% of all XB1\PS4 copies

So let's be generous and give TR another 11k of sales then!

Don't forget to add on another 20% to everyone else's sales as well.  The "but think of the digital" doesn't work when every other game is digital as well.

And those Fallout 4 numbers don't include the XB1 bundles.  Was there a TR bundle?

• Like 2