Computer Keeps Crashing when Playing, Help me please

Hello everyone,

so here is my problem: the Other day i bought Fallout 4 and was pretty sure it was gonna run fine on my computer, but it didn't so after a long time of fideling and formating my computer , i figured out that i was missing RAM, i only have 4 GB, so i went and bought another 4 GB RAM stick and now the game runs fine and also a couple of other games that used to be unplayable for me but the thing now is that every time i play those games my computer crashes, well i think it  is actually a BSOD but i can't see it because of my other problem wich is that for some reason since i bought my computer i am unable to have visual feedback on any BIOS related screen and this aplies only when my GPU is plugged in (weird right).

so my specs are:

• CPU: AMD A10-7700K Radeon R7 
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R7 250X  2gb ddr5
  • Ram 8Gb
  • Mother board: Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H

i already tried a lot of things with no succes ,whocrashed doesn't show any dump, did the sfc/scannow didn't do anything tried memtest everything seems fine, i watched the temps everything normal before crash, i really don't know what to do anymore so please if you can help me it woul be great

by the way i am running the catalyst 15.11.1 beta also tried the non beta the 15.7.1 WHQL, did the same thing

it is completely random the other day i played like 30 min and it crashed, I immediately rebooted the computer started playing again and this time it took like 5 hours before it crashed and i have been monitoring the temps during gameplay, i also have opened the case and cleaned everything up.

Here are the requirements for Fallout 4.

Recommended
  • Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
  • Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent.
  • 8 GB RAM.
  • 30 GB free HDD space.
  • NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent.

I'm not versed in AMD products but it looks like you're under or just at par.

Try this and see what it returns.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/fallout-4/12905/?p=r

Also, if it was a BSOD, it will be in the event viewer.

Hit the Start button, type event v, hit enter and event viewer should come up.

i know i am a little bit low for Fallout 4 but it runs all in Low at 45 50 FPS.

just looked at the event viewer so i get this "The ACP Kernel Service Driver service failed to start due to the following error: 
A device attached to the system is not functioning." and then the critical error comes from kernel-power and says "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

so from what i understand something in my computer is not functioning correctly and i suspect the GPU to be the culprit as it is the thing that also causes my BIOS to be invisible

After you said "I added more ram", it sounds like all your problems started

So I would say maybe you got a bad stick of ram, happens a lot. So I would run memtest on the computer and make sure the new stick of ram you got isn't the cause of all your current issues.

I see you already tried memtest, I would still remove the new ram and see if your system stops crashing.

what PSU do you have and what wattage?

when you get a crash, does the computer restart? black screen and you have to reset or shut down with the power button?

this is important.

if the computer restarts midgame, I would suspect your PSU is failing under load and causing the computer to restart. if your getting a black screen and having to reset/shut down, this is probably a driver issue.

to get around the driver issue, make sure you have installed the latest drivers for all the components on the motherboard, google your motherboard model and you'll find the manufacturers website, there you will find a 'support' or 'download' section, click on it and you'll find all the latest drivers for your version of windows, download and install the latest for each component. 

uninstall the Beta drivers for the graphics card and download the latest none Beta version. 

also make sure you have installed the latest updates for windows.

These issues can be difficult to debug and it is important not to be hasty in deciding what the cause is until it is proven.

1. what is your ram config? it looks like you might have had 2 x 2 gig and added another 2 x 2 gig. If so, many mobos have stability issues using all 4 DIMM sockets. If you went from 2 sockets to 4 as I am guessing, slow down the RAM a bit in the BIOS. SInce it is AMD, change the CPC (Command per clock) from AUTO or 1 to 2

2. Turn off the built in video in BIOS. If you can't see the BIOS, try plugging the monitor to the on-board video to see if it shows there, otherwise remove the new card and look for a setting to initialize the PCI-e video before the on-board video

3. Check that you properly fastened power connectors from the power supply to the video card

4. Turn OFF the setting in Windows to automatically restart the computer on BSOD

5. Make sure the video card is properly seated in its socket. Sometimes the screw down on the metal bracket can lift a card slightly and you have to fiddle with bending the metal.

PSU brand and wattage ?

If you dont have a dump file that whocrashed can see - then its not a BSOD
If it is sporadic, yet always in the game & you are monitoring temps (I assume CPU and grfx card) - then I'd look @ PSU

PSU brand and wattage ?

If you dont have a dump file that whocrashed can see - then its not a BSOD
If it is sporadic, yet always in the game & you are monitoring temps (I assume CPU and grfx card) - then I'd look @ PSU

He gets crashes that range from 30 mins to 5 hours. That does not smell like a P/S issue at least in terms of available power. A defective power supply with bad caps could fit.

So far, it feels more like a borderline RAM issue or a device driver issue.

Not seeing his BIOS suggests a possible hardware conflict as well.

He gets crashes that range from 30 mins to 5 hours. That does not smell like a P/S issue at least in terms of available power. A defective power supply with bad caps could fit.

So far, it feels more like a borderline RAM issue or a device driver issue.

Not seeing his BIOS suggests a possible hardware conflict as well.

I haven't seen bad caps in anything since the issues in the early to mid 2000's. Most are solid now and MTBF is in the 300K hours range.

I haven't seen bad caps in anything since the issues in the early to mid 2000's. Most are solid now and MTBF is in the 300K hours range.

That was the big motherboard crisis. Anyone making a modern mobo is careful to source decent caps.

But as long as capitalism exists, inferior components will exist to meet the demand for cheaper products.

I am still seeing frequent capacitor failure in no-name power supplies. Let's not call them "bad caps" but "you get what you pay for caps"

So I didn't mean "bad caps" as in "Bad Caps" but as in "Typical Failing Caps"