Monitor not waking up with computer.

Hi all. I just finished a PC build and am having a issue with my monitor and thought I'd ask and see if anyone could help me out.

Whenever my PC is asleep and I turn it on my monitor doesn't come on with it. I have to hit the button the monitor itself to turn it on and it's quite aggravating, making it a two step process. Which gets a bit aggravating if I just want to hop on my PC real fast to check something out. Also a second issue is my mouse & keyboard are not waking the PC although under power manager in device manager for each I have it set to do so.

Googled my problems and tried all the "fixes" I could find and nothing. 

EDIT: Okay, just figured out how to wake my computer with the keyboard and mouse. It was a option in the bios I must of overlooked. HOWEVER, my monitor is still not coming on with the computer.

Edited by Komentra

Display manufacturer and model number?

I can't remember off the top of my head that this is controlled via any OS setting. Perhaps additional power-on settings are controlled directly via the display's own setup menu.

Display manufacturer and model number?

I can't remember off the top of my head that this is controlled via any OS setting. Perhaps additional power-on settings are controlled directly via the display's own setup menu.

It's a Asus VS228H-P/VS228 monitor. It's a pretty popular monitor and I don't see anyone on Amazon saying they have this issue or anything. I have dug around the monitors menu's last night but didn't see anything. :/

• 2 weeks later...