When searching for asterisk, I get No items match your search

Trying to find all files and folders in E:\My Pictures\Scans

When I try, I get "No items match your search."

Any ideas?

Are you entering *.* as your search term, or just *?

*, which has worked on every version of Windows for years (and works on my Windows 10 machine at work, so it can't be a Windows 10 issue).

I usually use this format:

*.jog, *.gif, *.bmp for images/photos

*.txt, *.doc, etc for text files.

and so on.

That's correct but * searches for everything.

Saying that, I can't find anything in my E:\My Pictures\Scans directory, which is annoying.

Windows Indexing options doesn't allow me to add anything on E:\ (because E:\ doesn't show up in the dialogue box).

The E:\ drive is set to allow indexing.

Right click on E: and select properties and see if it is hidden or private.. if so, you might want to change it.

Unless the E is locked to that user on your computer only.   If so, add your user account to that E drive so you can see the E drive.

Is it an external drive?  If so, then check the properties and make some changes if necessary.

Saying that, I can't find anything in my

E:\My Pictures\Scans directory, which is annoying.

Just to verify, do you mean that if there is a file E:\My Pictures\Scans\text.txt and you search for text.txt, you get no results? Did you post recently about other issues with this drive, or was that someone else? And what is E? A physically separate drive? A partition?

Doesn't seem like an issue with indexing - I'm pretty sure C:\Windows is not indexed on my end, and searches for specific files or wildcards are successful.