Problems with network share - Please help

Ok, so I did a job for a local business, rolling out an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro, and I'm seeing some very odd behaviour on a network share and I'm seeking help.

The machine with the share on it is also running Windows 10 professional, and it's set up as a normal shared folder. The problem that's occurring is that on occasions, when people access documents stored on the share, from other computers on the network, the machine will either open them really slowly (even though it's a gigabit network), or it will not open and the folder will just snap back to the root folder of the share, with no warning or error message. I've tried changing permissions on the folder to give everyone full access to the folder, subfolder, and contents, and I've tried resetting the network stack, to no effect. The problem is still happening.

Apart from an event in the event log about a flow control reset on the network adapter, there's not much indication as to what is happening. I've checked the hard drive and it has no corrupt data or bad sectors, and I've also ran SFC with no integrity violations found. The LAN adapter is an onboard realtek LAN adapter. I've tried uninstalling it, and it's already using the newest driver.

If anyone has any ideas i'd appreciate it.