And the BCS is officially screwed.

damn yo.  sux for michigan.
I'm in no way even including officiating in my comments. It's pure computer crap that screws up the system. Officiating is it's own beast.

Alrighty, just making sure

damn yo. sucked for me and the Hurricanes last year...

:angry:

Edited by cq107

its okay though for a team to be in the BCS title game without even winning their own conference?

Absolutely! Imagine if #1 and #3 are in the same conference, and #1 loses in the conference game. Should that have as much of an impact as #1 losing to the next best in the conference (but completely unraked)?

I really wish we had a playoff so it could be decided on the field not on paper. However, I think that this time the BCS got it right... USC's loss is more significant than OK or LSU.

yeah yeah, here i am. royally ****ed and depressed. i don't care about the bcs/rankings, i just wanted to whoope usc's ass. the game was fun, unfortunately, the 3 stealth jets was the highlight for me....

honestly, human polls are way more biased than the bcs ever has been. do you really think the voters unbiasedly watch EVERY football game every saturday, and then make an unbiased vote? never.

yes, the bcs does need some tweaks. i know of a few situations where computers had like miami of ohio #1 and #2 in some polls, but then they lost, so that worked everything out.

if you think about, how would this be any better if there were no bcs?

you'd have 3 one loss teams, all playing in seperate bowls. there would be a 3 way split national title. at least the bcs got it down to 2.

Edited by BroChaos

lol, yeah, even the pics didn't come out that great for me. i didn't bring my cam, cuz i was sure they wouldn't allow cameras with changeable lenses. of course, there ended up being several people around me with them...so i just had my gf bring the g3 i gave her as backup. but she never charges the battery, so i only got around 50 pics and 5 mins of movie before the battery died...

yeah, i dont watch sports at all cause i think theyre worthless, but the BCS is pretty stupid. i agree w/ the canadian earlier... it's kinda like how we elect presidents. even though people vote, it doesnt matter at all cause the electoral college votes for them anyway, not the people. so why not just have the president elected by the people? why not just have the football teams play each other and the team w/ the best record wins.

The best the BigXII has to offer is playing in New Orleans this weekend  :D

LOL, how do you figure? did you happen to miss the big 12 championship game??

and you people still forget that without the bcs, we would have a 3 way split national title.

LOL, how do you figure? did you happen to miss the big 12 championship game??

and you people still forget that without the bcs, we would have a 3 way split national title.

Yes. Still doesn't show me that KSU had a better team. It would be pointless to not look at the rest of the season. I am not a BigXII fan at all either. I just don't see how Big 10/Pac 10 teams give the conferences that actually have a CG a hard time (not saying you...others I work with, ext...).

I am a firm believer that every conference should have a CG.

but dude, how can that not show you that KSU is better? there's only one way to see who is better between ksu and ou, and that is to play each other. they did that, and ksu whooped on them.

so does the sugar bowl not matter either? should we look at how the rest of their seasons were?

you can't ask for a better comparison than 2 teams actually playing each other.

you can't ask for a better comparison than 2 teams actually playing each other.

this is pro now but lions are better than rams? arizona is better than minnesota? i think not... playing another team doesnt always determine who is better overall... it just proves who had a better game

I'm really trying to understand all of this BCS ranking stuff.. I'm a Buckeye, and I enjoyed watching lastnight's Fiesta Bowl win. Here's my question .. Ohio State and Michigan have the same record, 10-2, why is it that Ohio State had to settle for a Big-12 team in the Fiesta Bowl? I just watch the games, lol.. I don't worry about rankings or anything. Was just hoping to defend our national championship, but what happend to doing that? Why did we not get to do that? Because we lost to Michigan? Someone is gonna have to help me, cause if this post is as confusing as I am confused, I'm sorry.. LoL..

i know that man, but what more can you do? college structure is totally different too, and they have a playoff.

people always agure the bcs stats and whatnot, so what do we do, we try to place the best 2 teams together in a bowl. why? so they can play each other. why even bother if that "only proves who has a better game"? because thats the best you can do.

if two teams playing each other doesn't really prove who's better, then i don't get the point of anything we're doing.

it's why they play the game. your stats can say all they want, rams=greatness, lions=suckiness. then why did the lions even bother playing, ya know? stats are one thing, but stats don't give you a W in the win/loss column.

YEA Buckeyes!!!!

Longest Fiesta Bowl in History, over 4 hours!!!! And Krenzel set a OSU record by throwing 4 TDs in a bowl game. Woody must be rolling in his grave!!!!

Of course, no thanks to the ACC line crew who botched KSU's time by running the clocks after two first downs before the markers were set. WTF was up with that??? Well, at least it ain't OSU's fault this year!!!!!

tOSU didn't get to defend their NC because according to the BCS rankings, they weren't #1 or #2. becuase michigan won the big 10, they got the conferences automatic bid to a bcs bowl. tOSU was selected as an at large team, which means, they weren't even guaranteed a bcs bowl.

I'm really trying to understand all of this BCS ranking stuff.. I'm a Buckeye, and I enjoyed watching lastnight's Fiesta Bowl win. Here's my question .. Ohio State and Michigan have the same record, 10-2, why is it that Ohio State had to settle for a Big-12 team in the Fiesta Bowl? I just watch the games, lol.. I don't worry about rankings or anything. Was just hoping to defend our national championship, but what happend to doing that? Why did we not get to do that? Because we lost to Michigan? Someone is gonna have to help me, cause if this post is as confusing as I am confused, I'm sorry.. LoL..

Well, the way I heard, it was down to Flor. St or OSU in the Fiesta bowl. The people of the Fiesta Bowl wanted OSU because of their fan presence last year. And since OSU was still a pretty strong team, based on BCS numbers (OSU is still in the top 10 of the BCS numbers, similar to the way OK is in there), they got invited to play the Big 12 Champion, who automatically went to the Fiesta Bowl. OSU was a BCS invite, based on their stats in the BCS. Besides, they wouldn't get to play for the championship since they had two losses. Michigan's win over OSU, solidified their Rose Bowl game and div championship, which = Pac 10 champ vs. Big 10 champ. This of course is decided by the bowl game execs.

I see.. I think.. Michigan's record is 7-1 Big Ten and 10-3 Overall (now) and OSU is 6-2 Big Ten and 11-2 Overall (now) .. so the OSU vs Michigan game was for the conference title .. But why then, didn't Michigan get a chance at the National title? They weren't ranked #1 in the BCS?? If I think about it.. DAMN! That would have been one HELL of a game if it was OSU vs. Oklahoma.. WHEW! I'm not keen on sports, I just know who I like and chear for them.. LoL.. the BCS stuff just confuses me, so I read the rankings and try to figure it out.. get a head ache.. and go to bed. LoL.. There's always next year!!

BCS is a complicated thing. First of all, Michigan lost 2 games. You gotta be near the top with an undefeated record or at least one loss. You have OK, LSU, and USC all with one loss. You also got to factor in strength of schedule, (how many ranked or big teams you play), and various other alogorythms (sp?) to decide who is number 1-2. After Michigan's loss to Iowa, the only chance they would have had at a title is if the other 1 loss teams lost a game or two.

Because OSU lost the div. title game, there would be no way they would play OK. Besides, I think we would have gotten spanked. Roberson looked good last night. Imagine what White would have done to OSU's secondary.

Edited by briangw