Streaming video from Win10 to Xbox One performance

I've had this issue since the beginning.  I can stream to Xbox One just like I could with Xbox 360.

The problem is that the video portion stutters initially - audio is fine, but video almost seems like it has to queue up for awhile first.  It is SUPER annoying.  Sometimes if I stop it by hitting B (which takes awhile to actually respond) and then restart the video, it will run better.  Files I stream tend to be mp4 or mkv, codecs which are supported by both systems.  I do have Klite Basic only, but I am fairly sure I noticed this behavior before installing it in the first place.  Default player for all video codecs is Windows Media Player.

PC specs:

Clean install of Win10 back on launch day (June I think)

3770k@4.2

16 gigs

GTX 680

256 gig SSD for Windows (over 100 gigs free space still)

Default virtual memory settings (let Windows decide)

1 TB WD Velociraptor (10k rpm drive) for the videos I stream

Only run default Windows Defender for antivirus

system defrags itself

etc.

Any help would be appreciated and I can answer questions.

I've just started playing with streaming from Xbox One to PC at very high quality and I continue to be amazed. The UI is actually faster streamed to my PC than on the Xbox. And just about everything streams with fantastic quality and no hiccups. Even SlingTV, and backwards compatible Lode Runner, and Gears of War Ultimate. I won't list my specs, they're pretty high, but the one important spec you didn't mention is your network connectivity. Xbox One and PC are both connected to the same router using 1Gb Ethernet. I would look at bandwidth, is either your PC or console using wireless?

What type of wifi network are you running?

Sounds like it's slow and that's why it stutters and why it's good after you stop and start it, giving it time to transfer more of the file 

Just gave this a shot streaming 720p mp4s to XB1 from Windows 10. No issues. Most likely your bandwidth.

Not usually the direction I stream but it's awesome and couldn't be easier in Windows 10.

On 1/10/2016 at 4:56 PM, MorganX said:

I've just started playing with streaming from Xbox One to PC at very high quality and I continue to be amazed. The UI is actually faster streamed to my PC than on the Xbox. And just about everything streams with fantastic quality and no hiccups. Even SlingTV, and backwards compatible Lode Runner, and Gears of War Ultimate. I won't list my specs, they're pretty high, but the one important spec you didn't mention is your network connectivity. Xbox One and PC are both connected to the same router using 1Gb Ethernet. I would look at bandwidth, is either your PC or console using wireless?

No this is not what I mean.  I have no issues streaming my XB1 to PC.

On 1/10/2016 at 5:07 PM, Anibal P said:

What type of wifi network are you running?

Sounds like it's slow and that's why it stutters and why it's good after you stop and start it, giving it time to transfer more of the file 

Hardwired to both.  Using a DIR-645.

On 1/10/2016 at 5:55 PM, MorganX said:

Just gave this a shot streaming 720p mp4s to XB1 from Windows 10. No issues. Most likely your bandwidth.

Not usually the direction I stream but it's awesome and couldn't be easier in Windows 10.

I run a gigabit router and they are hardwired.