Whatsapp Question

Im trying to contact my nephew from Venezuela on Whatsapp but I can never get thru to him. Looks like my t-mobile account does not allow me to contact to international. Is there another way to add him as a contact and be able to chat with him thru Whatsapp?

Thanks

This has nothing to do with T-Mobile, WhatsApp works through the web using data, it's not SMS, you just need to add  him to  your phone's address book with the full number including the whole international code + country + local number, I talk to my relatives in Spain and friends in Brazil all the time using WhatsApp.

6 minutes ago, flynempire said:

Im trying to contact my nephew from Venezuela on Whatsapp but I can never get thru to him. Looks like my t-mobile account does not allow me to contact to international. Is there another way to add him as a contact and be able to chat with him thru Whatsapp?

Thanks

Contact TMobile and see what's the problem.   Unless you try Ely's suggestion.

Yeah that is the crazy thing. He is added to my contacts but never appears in WHatsapp

Just now, flynempire said:

Yeah that is the crazy thing. He is added to my contacts but never appears in WHatsapp

Looks like he doesn't have the app installed... If he does, then your contact will show you that he has app installed that you can contact him through whatsapp.

yes he does

Either you or him have the wrong numbers added, for my friends in Brazil for example I add them as +55 + Local Brazilian Number

I have +58 and the local number

Wow you are in Miami also. WHat part?

Im in Kendall

Actually I got it to work. I did not have the full number put in.

My bad

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:00 PM, flynempire said:

Actually I got it to work. I did not have the full number put in.

My bad

Glad to hear that, I'm in Hialeah btw.