FOUND.000 Folders in XP?

those are folders/files that windows creates after doing a disk scan and finding file that are damaged.

if you don't shut down properly and reboot and get the "windows needs to check one or more of your disk drives" and it finds somethign screwey, it will put those folders on your root c: drive and possibly put files in them..

i just delete them...as i've never had to try and repair a file with whats left in those folders..

but it might be safe for you to not delete them for say a month..in case you eventually need whats in there.

yeh those are like those 'file0001.chk' files in the old DOS versions... lost clusters converted in files ;-)

no it doesn't.... it just means that he should SHUT down his PC instead of hitting the power button. They come when that happen. The system (upon reboot) scans the drive and the temp files and lost chains that it finds that XP didn't put back (since it wasn't shut down) are now just all over the drive so it gathers them up and puts them in that folder and creates those files from them....

just make sure you shut down your system and if it crashes then that's normal if you see them.. nothing big... just delete them..

You can start having files and folders like that if your hard drive is developing bad sectors.

A hard drive can develop bad sectors if the computer is not shut down properly IF that is what he is doing.

Look, u can't harm your hd like that... u can harm it if u have an power loss, but man, u remember with windows 3.11? If u r right, i would have scrapped my 386 in 1 month!!! :right: So, u can't harm yur hd, but it can do sum repairable harm like lost chains, that's all!!! :ditsy:

No a computer restarting does not do a COMPUTER LOSS! the hard drive still runs at the SAME SPEED!!!

christ, chill out people.

Turning off the power to your computer wont physically hurt your hard drive, any more than it would powering off normally.

the only risk you run is data loss or corruption (which is what scandisk is checking for, and the 'found' folders are created by).