Total shock: Wife has cancer (a Tumor)

Talk about total system shock. My wife was diagnosed with a tumor inside of her, I'll just say, "Feminine part" of her Body and the women on BOTH sides of the family all the women have had hysterectomies (Full). They were all due to cancer as well. Went to my wifes DR. this morning and my wife clearly stated, (bless her heart and courage) that since she has no desire for anymore kids, we have been blessed with 3, she wants everything out. She looked at me to say something and i stepped in and tried to reason with the Dr. that due to the history of her family on BOTH sides, my wife and I decided it would be best to get rid of it. My wife is 40, we desire no more kids and really made our concerns known due to the family history. this Dr. decided it was in HER best interest to play the biopsy game and go through a rather rough and indescribable procedure, Then send us to an oncologist.

needless to say, I took my wife out for some breakfast at her favorite restaurant and we had a breakfast date and discussed how to get around this cat and mouse game the Dr. is playing with my wife. I plan to take her to the local hospital and let them know my wife is suffering constant abdominal pain from this (which is real), and let them know her history of female cancer on both sides of the family and excessive bleeding as well and I'm more than sure they'll help her out that way.

When Cancer hits this close to home, I CANNOT describe the feelings one gets, especially when its your spouse, Anger, sadness, determination. pretty much a laundry list. I'm a fighter and I'm going to fight like heck for my wife. She's the best woman in the world to me.

thanks for listening guys. 

My thoughts are with your wife, you, and your family. I wish you the best and I hope you make it through this.

Regarding the Doctor issue I'm glad you're seeking a second opinion.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I hope from my experience, someday I can help someone else who will go through this afterwards. Truly, thank you for your well wishes. Another reason I love neowin.net, a great community of family.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Can't a  hysterectomy avoid the need for chemo?

yes. it's inside her cervix. So if they get it out now... she will be cancer free.

• Like 1

oh.. she also has massive fibroids and a problem with the lining of the Uterus and makes her bleed so heavy its insane..

8 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

yes. it's inside her cervix. So if they get it out now... she will be cancer free.

If that's a definite cert, then it seems to be the most progressive way forward. Hopefully a second opinion will agree with you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

7 minutes ago, chrisj1968 said:

oh.. she also has massive fibroids and a problem with the lining of the Uterus and makes her bleed so heavy its insane..

Ah well, if its any consolation (probably not) I know a lot of women who have had  hysterectomy  because of benign tumors, these operations are almost "routine" now. What I mean is,  it's now new treatment and the process is very straightforward.

Best wishes for you and your wife, keep us posted!

• Like 2

The radiologist did confirm everything. It was one of those obvious cases kind of thing. My wife and I are the same blood type too. So if something goes wrong and she needs blood, I'm willing to sacrifice myself for her. This woman is my everything.

all we are told is, its a tumor. no name or specifics. But we know its aggressive in that, its causing my wife a great deal of pain, bleeding.. upwards of 10 days a month (during her cycle) with massive blood clots. With her family history, we don't want to wait for the bus so to speak.. But it is VERY pronounced in the scans.

This runs on the women's side of my family also. Get a second opinion. My mom had ovarian cancer that spread to her thyroid ( another thing that runs on the female side of my family).

I had a doctor tell me the baseball size lump on my thyroid didn't need to be removed. Second opinion said whole thyroid needs to be removed. So I got the whole thing removed. (I am a male).

Ovarian cancer is no joke. Get a second opinion. I would get them removed. Better safe then sorry.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, majortom1981 said:

This runs on the women's side of my family also. Get a second opinion. My mom had ovarian cancer that spread to her thyroid ( another thing that runs on the female side of my family).

I had a doctor tell me the baseball size lump on my thyroid didn't need to be removed. Second opinion said whole thyroid needs to be removed. So I got the whole thing removed. (I am a male).

Ovarian cancer is no joke. Get a second opinion. I would get them removed. Better safe then sorry.

EXACTLY! That's my wife's and my thinking as well. I will get her one first thing in the morning. I will keep you all posted

Really sorry to hear about that.

In relation to the biopsy: A cancer survivor I know was comparing cancer treatment in the US versus the UK and he was saying that in the US system one tends to be tested early on as much as possible so that, according to the stats, it appears that the medical unit concerned keeps people alive for longer.

Sorry to hear Chris. You are a pretty stand out Christian guy here. Will definitely keep you in our prayers. I lost an aunt, and an uncle to that terrible disease.

• Like 2

If you are in a position to travel. This place has saved the lives of a couple of my friends when local Doctors seemingly exhausted all efforts. My thoughts and prayers  are with you and your Family.

https://www.mdanderson.org/

9 minutes ago, JHBrown said:

Sorry to hear Chris. You are a pretty stand out Christian guy here. Will definitely keep you in our prayers. I lost an aunt, and an uncle to that terrible disease.

This is definitely a test of my faith. I'm sorry to all who lost a loved one to this nasty disease. I just cremated my mom a couple weeks ago after she passed from brain cancer :s . the hits keep coming.