The Division - single player mode?

I have not had much time yet to get into the Division. I briefly opened the game and went through the short tutorial of shooting at a target and getting from the starting point to the safe house. When I opened the door of a room in the safe house, it looked like there were several other players standing around in the room. Not sure if these were computer generated players or real players.

I was wondering if there was a single player mode in the game? I'd like to get more familiar with the keyboard commands as well as getting better at aiming and shooting, before I join a campaign mission with other players. In other words, I don't want to be lost trying to figure out what to do.

6 minutes ago, cbrookhart said:

I have not had much time yet to get into the Division. I briefly opened the game and went through the short tutorial of shooting at a target and getting from the starting point to the safe house. When I opened the door of a room in the safe house, it looked like there were several other players standing around in the room. Not sure if these were computer generated players or real players.

I was wondering if there was a single player mode in the game? I'd like to get more familiar with the keyboard commands as well as getting better at aiming and shooting, before I join a campaign mission with other players. In other words, I don't want to be lost trying to figure out what to do.

Yes you only play 'multiplayer' if you choose to, you do see other players running around at the base camps but that is it, otherwise you are instanced alone until you come to a mission start area where you have the choice, go it alone or look for company =)  This is the way the entire game is unless you cross into the Dark Zone, then its game on anything goes, risk for reward play... Have fun! I love it!