Sony Says Sold 40 Million PS4 Consoles Globally

Sony's latest financial earnings revealed that the company sold 40 million PS4s. The last statement from the company earlier in the year said it sold over 35 million.

Furthermore, it has also said that it made JPY 529 million (roughly Rs. 33 crores) from digital sales alone.

If you were looking for information on the PS4K or PS4 NEO the statements reveal nothing at all. No surprise as Sony would probably like to keep it under wraps for E3 2016.

The unstoppable sales of the PS4 at retail is astounding. Even more so when you consider that it has no massive exclusive game just yet. Though this should change in a couple of weeks with Uncharted 4 (TAG).

Prior to this, it announced at CES 2016 that it had sold 35.9 million PS4s. In October 2015, Sony's financial report stated that it shipped four million PlayStation 4 (PS4) units for the quarter ending September 30, 2015. It predicted it will ship 17.5 million PS4 consoles by the end of the financial year.

Ahead of Paris Games Week, the company celebrated hitting one million PS4s sold in the Middle East alone. As for India? In conversation with PlayStation Head, Atindriya Bose, we were told that the firm estimates hitting 100,000 PS4 console sold by April 2016. However at IGX, a representative of Sony claimed that sales were exceeding expectations due to a much-needed price cut. We won't be surprised if it manages to better the 100,000 console sales figure that is expected.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/sony-says-sold-40-million-ps4-consoles-globally-831160

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/fr/15q4_sonypre.pdf

Also

psn59uif.png

:s

Just to note 8th gen in a nutshell:

LTD as of January, XB1 had 18m sold. - http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/11/xbox-one-worldwide-sales-at-18-million-ps4-at-36-million-5614881/

YTD ending in March, PS4 sold 17.7m.

PS4 sold through almost as many in 12 months that XB1 did in 26.

And I believe XB1 is ahead of the 360 comparable LTD sales, so it's actually doing quite well.

Damn.

• Like 1

This is good; I personally prefer the back and forth of competition, as it keeps companies on their toes. Sony did a lot of work to get where they are; we need Nintendo to actually wake up and do something though...

... And I wonder what the 4k version will bolster that number...

I'm really hating this trend

like the final movie in a set being in 2 parts crap, just to make people pay twice to see how it all ends

7 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

... And I wonder what the 4k version will bolster that number...

I'm really hating this trend

like the final movie in a set being in 2 parts crap, just to make people pay twice to see how it all ends

The hardcore nuts will buy the Neo, and possibly first time buyers. Others won't care as all PS4 games given the leaked info will all still come to the original PS4. 

3 hours ago, Audioboxer said:

The hardcore nuts will buy the Neo, and possibly first time buyers. Others won't care as all PS4 games given the leaked info will all still come to the original PS4. 

Just bitter, pay me no mind for now