On 8/11/2016 at 3:21 PM, trag3dy said:

It should get you medium high considering the minimum they recommend is a 660. You're two generations above that.

As for the drive space requirement it seems about right for a new game these days. 40-50gb is what I would have expected.

I don't know, when I was looking at the 960 benches it seemed barely better than a 760, which is a jump from the 660 but...disappointing.  we'll see

20 hours ago, Danielx64 said:

Anyone started preloading this yet? Any words on how much data would be downloaded (not install size but "download" size)?

The first part of the preload is 20GB apparently, but I imagine there'll be more added to it later.

Decent gameplay so far from what I've played, performance on console is terrible though (dips as low as 20fps in several places and slow load times):

9 minutes ago, ZakO said:

Decent gameplay so far from what I've played, performance on console is terrible though (dips as low as 20fps in several places and slow load times):

From what I've heard, it's not much better on PCs: http://www.pcgamer.com/deus-ex-mankind-divideds-pc-port-suffers-technical-issues-backlash-over-pre-order-bonuses-devs-working-on-fix/

Note to self: wait until it's on sale for a fiver.

Spoiler

Oh, and also, the video's NSFW, but you already know that; it's Jim ######## Sterling, son.

What's he whining about now?  If it's the cheats you can buy or packs you can buy in Breach but earn often, who even cares?  If people want to spend their money on them that's fine, but nobody actually needs to.

17 minutes ago, LostCat said:

What's he whining about now?  If it's the cheats you can buy or packs you can buy in Breach but earn often, who even cares?  If people want to spend their money on them that's fine, but nobody actually needs to.

Nope, it's not that, although Breach gets briefly mentioned.

On 8/30/2016 at 1:57 AM, LostCat said:

It shows how greedy Square Enix are, though, that they'd shoehorn microtransactions into a game that was designed without them in mind.

Jim put out a follow-up video overnight that has some pretty interesting details from someone at Eidos Montreal who was involved in the game's development. Regardless of your stance on microtransactions, it's well worth watching.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

It shows how greedy Square Enix are, though, that they'd shoehorn microtransactions into a game that was designed without them in mind.

Jim put out a follow-up video overnight that has some pretty interesting details from someone at Eidos Montreal who was involved in the game's development. Regardless of your stance on microtransactions, it's well worth watching.

He hasn't been worth watching yet, so I'll pass.

1 hour ago, MightyJordan said:

What have you got against him?

I think this about sums it up.

3 hours ago, LostCat said:

He hasn't been worth watching yet, so I'll pass.

I have yet to see a Youtube celebrity worth wasting my time on.

4 hours ago, LostCat said:

I have yet to see a Youtube celebrity worth wasting my time on.

Why did you even ask what he's talking about and provide a counter-argument to what you think he said in the video, if he's not worth wasting your time on? Seems rather contradictory.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Luc2k said:

Why did you even ask what he's talking about and provide a counter-argument to what you think he said in the video, if he's not worth wasting your time on?

Because I wasn't about to watch the video, obviously.  I'm wasting my time on you guys, not him.

1 minute ago, LostCat said:

Because I wasn't about to watch the video, obviously.  I'm wasting my time on you guys, not him.

What was the point of "If it's the cheats you can buy or packs you can buy in Breach but earn often, who even cares?  If people want to spend their money on them that's fine, but nobody actually needs to." if you had no intention on seeing the video or waiting for someone to tell you what it was about? It's obvious you have something against him, but at this point, it looks like you enjoy wasting time on your make-believe.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Luc2k said:

It's obvious you have something against him, but at this point, it looks like you enjoy wasting time on your make-believe.

Every time everyone has brought him up, with few exceptions, it's been about something stupid.  So sure, I have something against people who post pointless drivel as gospel.

51 minutes ago, LostCat said:

Every time everyone has brought him up, with few exceptions, it's been about something stupid.  So sure, I have something against people who post pointless drivel as gospel.

You'd first have to know what he's talking about for this argument to work, otherwise it's just your make-believe again. How do you know this wasn't one of those exceptions?

Anyway, that question was rhetorical and as much as I like pointing out your straw-man, this topic isn't about Jim Sterling. If you want to talk about what he actually says of the game and its development process, then continue by all means, otherwise, we'd better drop it.

And just so you know, I'm not some fanboy of his, it just happens that we agree on the expanding role of microtransactions in full priced games, Mankind Divided in particular as it is a single player game.

Edited by Luc2k
  • Like 1