Geocaching live going retired for Windows Phone platform

Hi,

I'm quite disappointed by message from Groundspeak that official WP app (Geocaching Live) will be shut down this June. I like and use the app.

I wonder how many users there are ...

MP

1 hour ago, Miroslav Pragl said:

Hi,

I'm quite disappointed by message from Groundspeak that official WP app (Geocaching Live) will be shut down this June. I like and use the app.

I wonder how many users there are ...

MP

I'm not a user, but, where is the announcement? I'm wondering if they're preparing to launch a UWP app.

Oh if you were user you'd receive an email:

Notice: Geocaching Live App To Be Retired June 6

Hello <user>,

On June 6, 2016, we will end our support for the Geocaching Live app for Windows Phone. When this happens, the app will no longer function.

Parting ways with a product that we built and many of you enjoy is not an easy thing. The decision to retire this app was based on its current usage compared to the ongoing resources required to maintain it. You can continue to play the game on your Windows Phone by using one of the partner applications we support. Search for "geocaching" in the Windows App Store to find an alternative app.

To apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, we went ahead and extended your Premium membership by 30 days.

Sincerely,

Geocaching HQ

But in the other mail they wrote:

... The app itself hasn't been updated in two years ...

It must take way too many resources not to do anything for two years ...

MP