Benchmark your browsers online

Benchmark your browsers online with JetStream

JetStream is a JavaScript benchmark suite focused on the most advanced web applications.Bigger scores are better.

Here is my results

PS For better results disable your addons and extentions.I didn't because I wanted to see their performances in real situations

Untitled-.jpg

Edited by EliasV

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

My score with one tab open and all addons using Cyberfox 64 Bit

I didn't expect that Firefox would be faster than Cyberfox

9 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I tried to run it using Edge and it crashed.:laugh:

Falling off the Edge of the World  :rofl:

1 minute ago, raid0 said:

234.63 on chrome and I have 10+ tabs open now (2 instances on 2 monitors) and over 10 extensions.

Are you on Windows 10?

6 minutes ago, raid0 said:

234.63 on chrome and I have 10+ tabs open now (2 instances on 2 monitors) and over 10 extensions.

Guess,that's unreal :omg:

Ok, laptop 73.409 (Core i3 1st gen, ssd, Wifi) and Multimedia PC 144.06 (Core i5 3rd gen, ssd, powerline). My ISP is 30D/10U.

All using chrome and all in sync (extensions also).

7 minutes ago, raid0 said:

Ok, laptop 73.409 (Core i3 1st gen, ssd, Wifi) and Multimedia PC 144.06 (Core i5 3rd gen, ssd, powerline). My ISP is 30D/10U.

All using chrome and all in sync (extensions also).

That means except how well a browser is made by its developers,hardware thing is very important (as it should be)

40 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Some of the results may be influenced by the speed of your internet connection.

Not really. These are JS tests. It is already loaded by the time you load the site. Hardware will influence it.

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

I tried to run it using Edge and it crashed.:laugh:

js.jpg

• Like 2

Somehow I find it hard to believe the TOR browser is the best of the lot, being based on an older version of Firefox. Must be something to do with the special plugins the browser uses.

browserscores.png

2 hours ago, Buttus said:

i got 24.145 on my galaxy s5 in chrome...   LOL

Interesting.  Got a 28.184 on my LG G2 in Chrome.  Isn't the G2 older than the S5?

Edit:  Disregard ... got a 23.449 (noticed afterwards it was making three runs)

3 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Some of the results may be influenced by the speed of your internet connection.

Source?  I do not think any of the scores are influenced by your connection.  I read over the in-depth analysis and couldn't see anything referring to internet speeds affecting scores.

Edited by jjkusaf
Correction

41 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

Interesting.  Got a 28.184 on my LG G2 in Chrome.  Isn't the G2 older than the S5?

Source?  I do not think any of the scores are influenced by your connection.  I read over the in-depth analysis and couldn't see anything referring to internet speeds affecting scores.

No source. He is incorrect. These are JS tests which are strictly hardware and browser based. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

I do not need a source for my opinion, If the test is to determine the speed of a Browser then the tests to be totally accurate would have to be run on the same equipment.

17 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I do not need a source for my opinion, If the test is to determine the speed of a Browser then the tests to be totally accurate would have to be run on the same equipment.

What you stated did not come off as your "opinion" ... it came off as factual like you had some inside knowledge...which is why I inquired.  If it was your opinion it should have been preceded by ... in my opinion "Some of the results may be influenced by the speed of your internet connection."

It is the speed of the browser on YOUR equipment.  You can load up Firefox, IE, Chrome, etc...and run the test(s) to see which scores higher on your equipment.  My Chrome scores will be different on my notebook vs my desktop ... because well the desktop is more powerful.

Anyway ... still have no idea why you think the speed of your internet has influence ... which is why I was asking for a source.

Edit.  Also just did a test.  Once the page loads ... you can disconnect your internet ... hit the "Start Test" button ... and it'll go through and do all the test without an internet connection.  So no...internet connection doesn't matter.

Edited by jjkusaf

Chrome 64-bit, Windows 10 Insider (Fast Ring), Lenovo Y510P (i7-4700MQ, 16-GB DDR) 4 tabs open.....Pandora, Neowin, JetStream (obviously), and Google Hangouts, lol. My phone gets a 0......(because I don't have one anymore)

Edit: Closed the Hangouts tab, got a 162.01 on a second run. Ummm......?

Edited by Obi-Wan Kenobi