Clips my mirror and drives off, what to do?

So was driving down a road, its a typical london road with cars parked on one side of the road (the opposite side to mine). So cars on the oncoming lane need to cross over the white lines to drive, there is space for two cars .

So a fiesta on the oncoming lane  crosses over, doesn't leave enough space  and clips my mirror.

my car just had a scratch, but i could see her mirror was broken.

I turned the car around and stopped behind her, she then looked at her mirror and drove of!!!!!!

To be fair it was an old lady, so I'm assuming she didn't see me, albeit standing less than 2 feet from her!

My concern is should i report it?

I have a dash cam, but according to insurance its useless as it doesn't show her car clipping the mirror. (you can hear a thud in the video).

The insurance guys basically say " if you tell the police, and she turns around and says i did it, then its partial fault!!" which means I'm partly at fault...

Im not interested in getting an old granny in trouble...just wondering what I should do it avoid getting in trouble say a year later i receive a letter from some insurance company saying i did a hit and run!

ooof.  That car certainly is over the centerline.  Don't really know how that could be a partial fault ... considering how far over she is.  I mean...if that video is of that ... then thump ... yea ... really don't how it could be a partial (and her driving away either).

I dunno...is it worth it?  You could take the video to the police, say look ... here she is ... she clipped my mirror and drove off.  But she is way on your side ... at least it looks like that.

Though both of you are driving on the wrong side of the road.   :)

Edit:  dangit ... ninja'd by Order.

Sorry I couldn't resist :)

If it were me I would just forget about it or risk partial blame, unless of course you have no-fault insurance or your rates wont go up.

1 minute ago, Order_66 said:

Sorry I couldn't resist :)

If it were me I would just forget about it or risk partial blame, unless of course you have no-fault insurance or your rates wont go up.

yeah thats what i was thinking.

My worry was because I know someone who recently had a letter from somebody's insurance company saying they hit a car 3 years ago! Insurance guys said " you should have said something, as you didn't its out of court settlement" ........

yep, id report it and submit the video footage if permissible, so you get a police incident number. Even if it doesn't come to anything at least your own NCB wont be affected. 

If she reports it and you dont, you could be charged with failure to report an accident. There was both party damage. 

Report it, you don't have to claim on it, but definitely report, as if she calls the police and claims her blue fiesta was hit by some random driver, your dashcam footage will come into play EVEN though it doesn't show the impact, it does show no fault on your side