Forza Horizon 3 - Greatest racer of the gen?

Can't believe the graphics the xbox one manages to continue to push out after playing through the demo 5 or 6 times and having plenty of online time with mates just drifting around Byron Bay. Have convinced 2 friends to finally jump on the xbox bandwagon and picked up a couple of S consoles after they couldn't join us online so can't wait to see this in HDR at their place. But anyone still on the fence about this get on it.

The drone feature even though I never paid much attention to in news releases is pretty awesome and I'm sure we'll see some movie length productions from people a lot more talented than me using it in the near future on YouTube I think. Hoping all Forza games include drone from here on out. 

Only minus? Intro was quite short, hopefully isn't the intro for the full game just because the feels the 2nd one hit me with :laugh: But I understand a lot of people actually don't go music festivals all summer.

8 days out now can't come soon enough.

Agreed. Already bought but downloaded the demo as well (Yes i had to download the two separately, thank god for unlimited data!) and it's thoroughly enjoyable and the Oz setting is perfect. Can't wait for the full game. I thought it was coming September 27th?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeChipshop said:

Agreed. Already bought but downloaded the demo as well (Yes i had to download the two separately, thank god for unlimited data!) and it's thoroughly enjoyable and the Oz setting is perfect. Can't wait for the full game. I thought it was coming September 27th?

Ultimate edition launches early on the 23rd if you bought that version digitally you get a few days earlier than everyone else :)

4 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

Launch Trailer -

Review embargo is up, everything coming in around 90.

88 on meta at the moment, not going to bother linking to all the reviews - http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/forza-horizon-3

Couple more days (Y)

Up to 90 on Meta now, only dragged down by a clear troll click bait review of "40" from IBTimes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeChipshop said:

Up to 90 on Meta now, only dragged down by a clear troll click bait review of "40" from IBTimes. 

wow.. that review hurt to read. not only unprofessional but blatantly paid off by the Dirt rally publisher.... why are they even allowed to be included in meta scores with such "reviews"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HawkMan said:

wow.. that review hurt to read. not only unprofessional but blatantly paid off by the Dirt rally publisher.... why are they even allowed to be included in meta scores with such "reviews"

Will always be reviews like this for every game sadly, not a system exclusive problem.

Is up to 91 but now and the highest rated racer since Forza Motorsport 4. I believe Forza 7 will be the Forza 4 of dedicated racing of this generation and hopefully it to can push into the 90's as well from the progress made in the last 2, until Forzatech (game engine) enters redevelopment again for Forza 8/FH5 if they aren't already working on it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vandalsquad said:

Will always be reviews like this for every game sadly, not a system exclusive problem.

Is up to 91 but now and the highest rated racer since Forza Motorsport 4. I believe Forza 7 will be the Forza 4 of dedicated racing of this generation and hopefully it to can push into the 90's as well from the progress made in the last 2, until Forzatech (game engine) enters redevelopment again for Forza 8/FH5 if they aren't already working on it.

I'd just hazard a guess and say they're working on the engine right now for whatever they have planned to release with Scorpio next year.

I was very tempted to give this one a miss, but reading the reviews....haha I may bite the bullet later this year when the digital price drops a little.

What still frustrates me a little about this game is there's no pass for getting all the cars....from what I've read online you can buy a car pass but that still excludes a few car packs etc....they should either let you buy packs individually or have a car pass that covers it all. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I was very tempted to give this one a miss, but reading the reviews....haha I may bite the bullet later this year when the digital price drops a little.

What still frustrates me a little about this game is there's no pass for getting all the cars....from what I've read online you can buy a car pass but that still excludes a few car packs etc....they should either let you buy packs individually or have a car pass that covers it all. 

Even worse, they don't even have proper GOTYs now. 5's was a slap in the face to fans. I doubt MS/T10 will stop the milking with DLC any time soon.

it is however a car game, not pokemon, you do't have to collect them all ;)

just get the pack(s) that have the car(s) you want if you want specific cars, or just enjoy the hundreds of cars that come with the game, most will find their favorites there. it's a lng time since I bothered getting all the car packs for a Forza game, and not because I coudn't afford, I just looked at them and said, will I really drive those cars... do I care...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

it is however a car game, not pokemon, you do't have to collect them all ;)

just get the pack(s) that have the car(s) you want if you want specific cars, or just enjoy the hundreds of cars that come with the game, most will find their favorites there. it's a lng time since I bothered getting all the car packs for a Forza game, and not because I coudn't afford, I just looked at them and said, will I really drive those cars... do I care...

And they know that. Which is why they usually include one important / rare / flagship model with lots of fodder. If a pick and mix style is what you prefer, shouldn't they do away with packs altogether and let you buy individual cars? But then how will they sell the crap nobody wants ;)

6 hours ago, George P said:

I'd just hazard a guess and say they're working on the engine right now for whatever they have planned to release with Scorpio next year.

Thought they might run with what they have for a bit longer, Apex and Horizon on PC already pushes 4K at 60FPS looking dam amazing with nothing else coming close. As long as we get that performance with the scorpio I'm all in. But the wizards they are I'm sure the engine is getting even more improvement.

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

Even worse, they don't even have proper GOTYs now. 5's was a slap in the face to fans. I doubt MS/T10 will stop the milking with DLC any time soon.

Let's just be glad Microsoft continue to dish out racing games for the fans each and every year with hundreds more cars than any other for free. When the competition launches their game I guess that's when we can do the DLC comparing and bitching ;) I've never felt the need to purchase anything past ultimate edition from launch and still never bought or used every car but each to their own. If people continue to buy packs singularly they'll keep producing them.

In other extremely sad news my ultimate copy has left the warehouse, but apparently won't arrive until Monday on shipping information??! If so, any early access goes out the window :angry:

3 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

Let's just be glad Microsoft continue to dish out racing games for the fans each and every year with hundreds more cars than any other for free. When the competition launches their game I guess that's when we can do the DLC comparing and bitching ;) I've never felt the need to purchase anything past ultimate edition from launch and still never bought or used every car but each to their own. If people continue to buy packs singularly they'll keep producing them.

Well you can compare & bitch with the competition, but I'd rather just critique Forza and their DLC strategy for what it is, rather than divert to what it isn't.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Well you can compare & bitch with the competition, but I'd rather just critique Forza and their DLC strategy for what it is, rather than divert to what it isn't.

And most of us would rather enjoy the thread by talking about a game we're enjoying (Well the demo for now). Not every thread has to turn it to yawnsome rant about DLC/Business methods yadeya.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

And most of us would rather enjoy the thread by talking about a game we're enjoying (Well the demo for now). Not every thread has to turn it to yawnsome rant about DLC/Business methods yadeya.

Nothing stopping you :)

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Nothing stopping you :)

Clearly my enjoyment was hampered by your posts about the business practices of MS/Turn 10/Playground/whatever, and I'm guessing I'm probably not alone. If we could for once have a thread about a game that doesn't dissolve in to bickering about this sort of thing, then that would be awesome, although I'm probably asking to much. Not a direct attack on you, or a personal insult, more on the state of the gaming threads these days.

1 minute ago, MikeChipshop said:

Clearly my enjoyment was hampered by your posts about the business practices of MS/Turn 10/Playground/whatever, and I'm guessing I'm probably not alone. If we could for once have a thread about a game that doesn't dissolve in to bickering about this sort of thing, then that would be awesome, although I'm probably asking to much. Not a direct attack on you, or a personal insult, more on the state of the gaming threads these days.

Then put me on ignore. I am replying to Dipsylalapo and haven't broken any rules. This topic is about Forza and that's what we're discussing.

In fact, we've only gone off topic since you replied to me. Go figure!

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Then put me on ignore. I am replying to Dipsylalapo and haven't broken any rules. This topic is about Forza and that's what we're discussing.

I'm not going to put you on ignore, i genuinely value your opinion on most threads. I dunno, maybe I'm just tired but the need to drag up business practices in the thread just irked me. Again, not intended as a personal slur against you, more the subject matter. Hopefully it hasn't offended you in any way.

4 hours ago, MikeChipshop said:

It's been brought up twice now in the thread and getting a bit old :sleep:, Just going to ignore anymore posts about DLC it's been covered enough, it's most people's view Forza is far better than any of the competition in DLC regards so not sure why they get critiqued for it. If that's the only bad talking point that this game has but I guess we'll have a hell of a racer on our hands.

Back on topic anyway,

Some raw footage starting to drop from the PC.

The night skies in this are something to behold when in the demo at the stars come out, most impressive sky I've ever seen replicated in a game. All that sky recording obviously paid off.

• Like 1