Looking for software recommendation -- Currently using Evernote

Question

So I've been using Evernote on my iPhone and Mac for a few years now.  My primary use for it, is copy/pasting recipes I find on the internet, to keep in one place.  I have some stuff in there that is cut and past for work also.

My question is, is Evernote the app I should be using, or is there a better option on there (those who suggest notepad, no thanks...)

I would like to hear from those who use evernote, or Microsoft one note, or something similar.

Thanks

8 answers to this question

With Evernote changing their free package I'm looking to switch to something else as well. I'm going to be giving OneNote a go, the main reason being that - as Neowin mentioned yesterday - Microsoft are offering a tool to help copy all my items from Evernote over. That should make the transition much easier for me, I hope.

On 6/28/2016 at 5:54 PM, xendrome said:

Google Keep is pretty good.

I second this. I use it several times a week for work and personal. I have used it to verbally log my symptoms over a period of time so I can accurately relay to my doctor.

Google Keep for simplicity 

OneNote if you want to get all fancy and do creative things with it 

There's also Pocket,. but seems many have moved on from it 

OneNote is pretty much the only replacement for Evernote, and in many ways better. 

if you just want to share stuff between your phone and computer and multiple devices though, Pushbullet might be what you're looking for.  one click sharing with sharing from all devices, and you can see notifications on all devices to. combine it with pocket for saving stuff.