Doing a clean install of Windows 7, but want to keep Windows 10 license

I want to do a clean install of Windows 7 but I want to keep my free Windows 10 license in case months from now I wanted to go back to Windows 10. Is there any way to preserve this?

Much thanks!

If activated Win10, find out the serial and then whenever you install WIN 10, and use the serial. as all the free upgrade is the same serial no matter where you are, if you have a friend already using 10, it will be the same serial as all others. Use that and you will be OK to go to Win10 anytime.

Once you activate Windows 10 on your system, that system is tied to the Windows 10 license. If you decide to go back to Windows 7, you can still use your serial number to activate the copy of Windows 7. If you ever want to go back to Windows 10, you just install Windows 10 and it will automatically activate for you, no serial will be needed. You need to have installed and activated Windows 10 for that to work though.

5 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Once you activate Windows 10 on your system, that system is tied to the Windows 10 license. If you decide to go back to Windows 7, you can still use your serial number to activate the copy of Windows 7. If you ever want to go back to Windows 10, you just install Windows 10 and it will automatically activate for you, no serial will be needed. You need to have installed and activated Windows 10 for that to work though.

I've been using Windows 10 on this rig for a while and is activated. So even if I don't go back to Windows 10 for months, when I try to activate it months from now, it'll remember my hardware and automatically activate?

1 minute ago, Redeuxx said:

I've been using Windows 10 on this rig for a while and is activated. So even if I don't go back to Windows 10 for months, when I try to activate it months from now, it'll remember my hardware and automatically activate?

Yup, your hardware ID is tied to the Windows 10 license. You're good to go.