iCloud for Windows[SOLVED]

Question

I am hoping someone can chime in and help me out with a problem I am having with iCloud for Windows. I am running Windows 10 x64 with the latest updates. SFC /Scannow shows no errors. Maybe two weeks ago, Outlook was no longer syncing with my iCloud calendar, no big deal I figure lets check the settings. Everything was how I originally set it up in iCloud, did a quick Google search and found this was somewhat common. A quick fix was to Sign Out of the iCloud application and Sign In again. Did not solve my problem, instead when I hit Apply within the Control Panel of the iCloud application it sits there on "Setting Up" for hours. I remembered when Windows 10 launched, iCloud had a few problems with it. One fix was to do a Repair on the application itself. That did not help. I did a Repair on Office 2016 as well, still wont finish setting up. I wiped Office along with the iCloud program and reinstalled both fresh. Still, it sits on "Setting Up," and doesn't want to finish. I double checked Outlook and made sure there were no iCloud entries for data files or Accounts. I'd rather not have to nuke my entire system, just to get this piece of crap to work.

Capture.PNG

UPDATE: I have fixed the problem. Apparently, this is something many users are having a problem with, it happened after a recent office update and the icloud 5.2 update. Here is a thread with some fixes to try, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7590555?start=15&tstart=0. The one that worked for me, was creating the iCloud email address and signing out of iCloud (On the computer) then having it setup outlook. It worked right away.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet