The Z Mouse By Swiftpoint

Just now, wakjak said:

Which is what? pointing and... clicking?

Read the links watch the video an you may learn something. If you are not a gamer this mouse is not for you. it costs ~160.00 USD

Looks like it has a bunch of features that would make it annoying to use.

I'm sure some will find a use for it but we learned a long time ago motion controls are an annoying gimmick at best.

You can basically play a game without using the Key Board. I use a 8 button Corsair mouse and it works fine for me and it is half the price of this one. This mouse is for your hard core or professional gamer.

6 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You can basically play a game without using the Key Board. I use a 8 button Corsair mouse and it works fine for me and it is half the price of this one. This mouse is for your hard core or professional gamer.

I'd find it difficult to believe than any hardcore pro gamers are going to use this for more than a minute before realizing how dumb that gimmick is.

I've got no problem using a keyboard to play games with a Mouse. It makes it much easier than trying to play one handed while hovering the mouse in the air to move.

34 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

This is for hardcore gamers the same way Nintendo Wii is for hardcore gamers. Which is to say it's not, at all. It's a gimmick and that's it.

1 minute ago, trag3dy said:

This is for hardcore gamers the same way Nintendo Wii is for hardcore gamers. Which is to say it's not, at all. It's a gimmick and that's it.

Well if you watched the video on it,  it seems to do everything they claim.

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

Well if you watched the video on it,  it seems to do everything they claim.

It doesn't matter if it does everything they claim. That's the entire problem with it. Hardcore gamers don't like gimmicks which is all this is.

If you're happy about it then that's fine but this is in no way for hardcore gamers.

Edited by trag3dy

You have a right to your opinion but it appears that many disagree with you. Have you every tried to fly a jet using WASD?  I have and it is very difficult. Just because you do not care for it does not mean everyone will. People laughed when the Automobile was invented saying it would never work, the same with airplanes. Technology is going to advance one either advances with it or gets left behind play games like The Sims. The VR headset is just another gimmick as well then.

17 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

You have a right to your opinion but it appears that many disagree with you. Have you every tried to fly a jet using WASD?  I have and it is very difficult. Just because you do not care for it does not mean everyone will. People laughed when the Automobile was invented saying it would never work, the same with airplanes. Technology is going to advance one either advances with it or gets left behind play games like The Sims. The VR headset is just another gimmick as well then.

:laugh:

Yes I have "tried to fly a jet using wasd" and very successfully in many different games.

Anyways, as I said, you can be happy about it but for most pc gamers those features will end up a hindrance rather than a help.

Also game makers stopped putting motion sensitive gimmicks in console games for a reason - because it was a pain in the ass to use motion sensitive devices and this one looks no different.

Sometimes simple is better, which is why WASD+M1 has stuck around for 20+ years in games.

That mouse looks very cumbersome and the opportunities for misclicks in FPS looks ridiculously inevitable.

Is the OP a backer or something? 

Looks like another pie-in-the-sky kickstarter debacle waiting to happen.

1 hour ago, compl3x said:

Is the OP a backer or something? 

Looks like another pie-in-the-sky kickstarter debacle waiting to happen.

No I ma NOT, I posted because I saw it on a Hardware Site. I found it very hard to fly any type of aircraft using the KB. The fact that this mouse interacts with the mouse pad and allows you to hold it above the pad and it becomes a joystick seemed like a great feature to me. I only posted it for informational purposes. Maybe I should have posted it in a Game Forum and not here-never again..

Just watched the video. I think if someone wanted to take the time to program this thing to be conducive to the way they play games, it could possibly deliver. I just would never have the patience to do so myself. I have also been using a mouse the same way for well over 15 years now, so it would be damn near impossible for me to reprogram myself to say "okay, tilt the mouse left instead of pressing A." I barely even use the extra buttons on my current mouse right now. I program the one button on the mouse by my thumb for melee and that is about it, so I am not the target audience of this mouse either.

I think there will be a very small group of people that find this mouse to be very good for their own needs. 

13 hours ago, Gary7 said:

[...] Have you every tried to fly a jet using WASD?  [...] Technology is going to advance one either advances with it or gets left behind play games like The Sims. The VR headset is just another gimmick as well then.

I've tried flying a jet using WASD a long time ago, that's why I bought a joystick. That I rarely use anymore, but, back then, I was a lot happier with it.
I don't see what's wrong with the sims... Well it gets boring pretty quick but... Ok no forget it I'm not going to try and defend the sims

I may be one of the last remaining old idiots who think that, but I still do believe VR headsets are just another gimmick we don't need.

However, I used to know a guy in my old WoW guild who had some kind of disability with one of his hands, he used to play the entire game only with his complicated, 20-something-button mouse. I'm sure he would have been interested in this mouse.

10 minutes ago, brpsycho said:

I've tried flying a jet using WASD a long time ago, that's why I bought a joystick. That I rarely use anymore, but, back then, I was a lot happier with it.
I don't see what's wrong with the sims... Well it gets boring pretty quick but... Ok no forget it I'm not going to try and defend the sims

I may be one of the last remaining old idiots who think that, but I still do believe VR headsets are just another gimmick we don't need.

However, I used to know a guy in my old WoW guild who had some kind of disability with one of his hands, he used to play the entire game only with his complicated, 20-something-button mouse. I'm sure he would have been interested in this mouse.

Well I have a bad left shoulder it is bone on bone so I have about 20% usage of it. This mouse would be useful for me and maybe some others with physical issues. As far as Sims, goes-I just randomly picked that game , there is nothing wrong with it. You see this mouse eliminates the need for a joy stick.

Actually with professional gamers the most important part of the mouse is the sensor. It comes in the Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex which is used by many professional gamers in CS:GO. Mostly you want a mouse without acceleration or prediction. That can affect the precision and accuracy of the mouse. The PMW3366 is a great sensor. Not interested in this mouse personally, but it would be interesting to use I'm sure. The drop from the trigger buttons to the actual left-click and right-click buttons looks bizarre. Not sure how it would feel in my hand. The biggest issue I see are the pads on the bottom that can be shifted to change the tilt amount. They are held by small magnets which I'm sure are strong but if you have a low DPI (like a pro, for instance), I can picture those coming off at some point.

Not only did they reach their Kickstarter funding goal... they got TWICE the money.

Someone must be interested in it!   :D 

6 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Maybe I should have posted it in a Game Forum and not here-never again..

Or you could just accept not everyone sees its utility the way you do.

Looks interesting. But i would need to try it first.

I hate side buttons on mouse. I have small hands and my thumb is too short to reach most of them. I would like this try this mouse to see if it works well.

On 7/14/2016 at 7:27 AM, Gary7 said:

Maybe I should have posted it in a Game Forum and not here-never again..

What is with you and your whole "I'm taking my ball home" posts? So someone doesnt agree with you, so what? You need thicker skin posting on the internet.

On to the topic at hand, the mouse seems like a total gimmick. We see these "new" mice every year or so and none ever take off. 

9 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

What is with you and your whole "I'm taking my ball home" posts? So someone doesnt agree with you, so what? You need thicker skin posting on the internet.

On to the topic at hand, the mouse seems like a total gimmick. We see these "new" mice every year or so and none ever take off. 

That is your opinion and you may be right I just saw a list of the top 10 gaming mice and the Corsair M65 that I am using was number two. I just thought the fact that it interacts with the mouse pad and that you can use it elevated to fly with and no need for a joy stick, I also have only about 20% usage of my left arm and hand so it is hard for me to use the keyboard to fly using WASD. I also sent you a PM but never got a reply so I deleted it.