Hello Members!

Group-Policy privileges have helped me turn OFF the Windows Defender, but it continues to gain a foothold within Context-Menu entries, System-Tray icons & Windows Task-manager!

Refer to the enclosed Pictorial description & suggest credible ways to recover the System resources.

Can this also be construed as a veritable Windows 10 Bug? Why are Apps shown the door continue to hover around in one form or the another?

Inputs will be sincerely appreciated...& are keenly awaited! :-)

Thanks. 

r9HwGND[1].jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello,

After you install your preferred third-party anti-malware software, try disabling the WdNisSvc and WinDefend services on the computer.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

the more i think of it the more this doesn't make sense, can I ask the OP, why do you not want the extra layer of protection the latest iteration of Windows defender provides? Im genuinely curious :)

Do you realise, its a lot better than it used to be, sharing only name. Ive allowed defender to occasionally scan system as a second opinion, it plays nicely with other AV platforms these days.

Paid for I personally cant see past Webroot SecureAnywhere tbvh on all my windows and android devices, all the W10s still have defender partially active by choice as well as webroot. I dont feel any Free AV is enough alone imo, defender included.

Multitiered multilayered vendor protection is the key along with restricted accounts/ UAC run as adm when it is required. 

Hello members!

Thanks for your inexplicably delayed replies! :-)

I wanted to inquire that why WD's footprint are still visible upon parting ways with it? Ideally, that shouldn't be the case!

To Dear Mando:::

My PC manufacturer has sold me a rigged PC which is based on the 'Minimum Specifications'  (Windows 8 in my case) & not the "Recommended Specifications" associated to an OS!

That's why these 'Austerity measures' stand truly justified.

Thanks. :-)

On 9/14/2016 at 9:59 AM, saurabhdua said:

Hello members!

Thanks for your inexplicably delayed replies! :-)

I wanted to inquire that why WD's footprint are still visible upon parting ways with it? Ideally, that shouldn't be the case!

To Dear Mando:::

My PC manufacturer has sold me a rigged PC which is based on the 'Minimum Specifications'  (Windows 8 in my case) & not the "Recommended Specifications" associated to an OS!

That's why these 'Austerity measures' stand truly justified.

Thanks. :-)

ahaa i see, fair enough :) ty but tbh as long as it has enough ram (4gb +) min spec should still be ok.

If you can upgrade your hard disk with an ssd that will also help windows feel quicker, smaller sized ones are fairly cheap now and if its a desktop you can always use your original drive for storage. If a laptop buy a usb 2.5" usb caddy and you can put old drive into that as external storage, the caddys are a few pounds from amazon.