Question For Those Who Have Downloaded Large Games In The App Store

So I've decided to download Forza 6 Apex (After changing the default drive & hiding the mess of folders it creates ha!), it's going to take a while with the connection I have at the moment. I'm just wondering if the store is intelligent enough to pause downloads & pick up where it left off if the computer is shut down during the download or if it'll just start the whole thing again every time.

Has anyone come across this scenario? I know there's a pause option but I didn't know if it persists through reboots. I've only downloaded smaller apps so far.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2016 at 5:03 AM, Vince800 said:

So I've decided to download Forza 6 Apex (After changing the default drive & hiding the mess of folders it creates ha!), it's going to take a while with the connection I have at the moment. I'm just wondering if the store is intelligent enough to pause downloads & pick up where it left off if the computer is shut down during the download or if it'll just start the whole thing again every time.

Has anyone come across this scenario? I know there's a pause option but I didn't know if it persists through reboots. I've only downloaded smaller apps so far.

I've actually downloaded Forza Apex 6 on my desktop throughout the Redstone 1 test cycle (and alternating between both boot and non-boot drives - yes; you can specify a non-boot drive).  The $0.64 cent issue is making sure your target drive has enough space.  Yes; there is a pause button.