All sound gone.

I played gta 5 and electricity in whole house shut down for few seconds. After i turned on pc there was no sound at all. Any help how can i solve this?

are your speakers working? check the fuse in the plug, some speakers have a seperate fuse in the sub/amp.

to find out if it's your speakers or the sound card/drivers, do you have the speaker icon? the sound mixer? if you do, then play a video or something with sound and see if it's shown in the mixer to be putting out sound.

8 minutes ago, papercut2008uk said:

are your speakers working? check the fuse in the plug, some speakers have a seperate fuse in the sub/amp.

to find out if it's your speakers or the sound card/drivers, do you have the speaker icon? the sound mixer? if you do, then play a video or something with sound and see if it's shown in the mixer to be putting out sound.

Tested speakers with phone, they work. Have this icon: http://imgur.com/a/vZsU8

Looks like something with mobo, Speakers work fine with phone. When i move mouse to sound icon it say 'no speakers or headphones are plugged in'

I've had something similar with the anniversary update. You need to go playback devices (right-click on the sound icon) then disable and re-enable the device. Maybe that will do it?

Just now, Nick H. said:

I've had something similar with the anniversary update. You need to go playback devices (right-click on the sound icon) then disable and re-enable the device. Maybe that will do it?

There was only 4 all same monitor pictures, when i disabled em they just gone, now its empty there.

Just now, killer0pro said:

There was only 4 all same monitor pictures, when i disabled em they just gone, now its empty there.

Right-click within the window and you'll see "show disabled devices":

ZEKnlzO.png

2 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Right-click within the window and you'll see "show disabled devices":

ZEKnlzO.png

Have this:

Untitled.png

1 minute ago, Nick H. said:

And if you right-click on them and enable them again?

Then its just not plugged in.

Just now, killer0pro said:

Then its just not plugged in.

It displays as not being plugged in? What if you disable it, physically unplug the system then plug it back in? The screenshot definitely shows that right now it's both disabled and unplugged.

There's only graphics cards showing (HDMI), no speakers are in the list.

Does Device Manager show any issues with you soundcard?

1 minute ago, Louisifer said:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.
Its for High definition audio controller.

Just now, Louisifer said:

Good point. In the office my screens are classed as having audio, but I have no idea why given there aren't in-built speakers. I had to play around a bit with that to get it back to the actual sound device.

1 minute ago, killer0pro said:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Oof, that's not great. Did we cover driver updates? I think we did. I'm out of options for the second. :(

lets start from the start, are you connected with HDMI or through a sound card/motherboard output?

what speakers are they? 

the power loss could be a factor in this, but it also could be coincidental. 

4 minutes ago, papercut2008uk said:

lets start from the start, are you connected with HDMI or through a sound card/motherboard output?

what speakers are they? 

the power loss could be a factor in this, but it also could be coincidental. 

I use motherboard output, front panel of case dont give any sound to. I dont use HDMI idk its just some kinda random thing.

have you tried downloading and installing the latest drivers for the sound card/chip on the motherboard?

you can find them if you search for the motherboard model (if you don't know the model, you can use Speccy to find out, just search for Speccy).

find the manufacturers page for the motherboard, in the download/support section you can find the drivers for the sound card. see if that works. 

You could try a static discharge, unplug the pc from the mains and then hold the power button down for around 30 seconds, then boot up normally.  built up static from power fluctuations has been known to mess with ports and in some cases stops the computer starting up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, papercut2008uk said:

have you tried downloading and installing the latest drivers for the sound card/chip on the motherboard?

you can find them if you search for the motherboard model (if you don't know the model, you can use Speccy to find out, just search for Speccy).

find the manufacturers page for the motherboard, in the download/support section you can find the drivers for the sound card. see if that works. 

Didn't helped, same thing.

does it still show them as 'disabled, unplugged'? 

if none of this has worked, then it's probably pointing to something being damaged, possibly a damaged cable or something like that. 

5 minutes ago, papercut2008uk said:

does it still show them as 'disabled, unplugged'? 

if none of this has worked, then it's probably pointing to something being damaged, possibly a damaged cable or something like that. 

Still unplugged.