PS+ to get price hike in US, Canada

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-august-2016/

Update: Starting on September 22, 2016, prices for PlayStation Plus memberships will change to $59.99 USD/ $69.99 CAD for twelve months and $24.99 USD/$29.99 CAD for three months. The monthly plan will change to $11.99 CAD in Canada, and remain $9.99 USD in the U.S. If you are a current member, the new prices will take effect if your membership renews on or after this date.

PlayStation Plus strives to enrich your PlayStation experience through a world-class service built for our fans. This marks the first time that PS Plus membership prices will increase in the U.S. and Canada since the launch of the service in 2010. The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members. As a member, you will continue to enjoy the benefits and features that enable shared experiences, such as online multiplayer, free games, and exclusive discounts. You will also continue to get exclusive benefits such as online game save storage and discounts across the PlayStation digital services.

If you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before September 22, 2016.

We thank all of you, our PlayStation Plus members, for your ongoing support.

Funny that the update comes on the page of an announcement for the PS+ games on a really ###### month.

Get ######ed Sony. I already refuse to pay for both my consoles and if this is how it is going to be going forward I think my PS4 will become a SP machine like my XB1.

I'll probably end up going PC one day and keeping the consoles for exclusives. 

Also funny how the Live hike was attributed to the COD MS partnership and now Sony have it and they hike price.

1 hour ago, Audioboxer said:

Get ######ed Sony. I already refuse to pay for both my consoles and if this is how it is going to be going forward I think my PS4 will become a SP machine like my XB1.

Also funny how the Live hike was attributed to the COD MS partnership and now Sony have it and they hike price.

Sentiment shared, at this rate I think I'll start looking at the xbox myself

43 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

At least Xbox Gold lets you keep the games they give away each month, I know quite a few who will be forced to keep paying to play their + games.

Nah it doesn't. That changed ages back.

Like 2014 lol http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-14-xbox-ones-games-with-gold-programme-requires-you-stay-subscribed

12 hours ago, Audioboxer said:

It's not just Sony, XBL prices have risen twice in recent years too.

The new PS+ price puts it in line with XBL's. They'll both keep increasing because they can and when MP is behind a paywall.

Join the master race AB, you know you want to ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

It's not just Sony, XBL prices have risen twice in recent years too.

The new PS+ price puts it in line with XBL's. They'll both keep increasing because they can and when MP is behind a paywall.

Join the master race AB, you know you want to ;)

I probably will again soon. Besides the Souls series all the stuff I want to play from Sony/MS is SP. I'm playing Neverwinter on PS4 just now buts its F2P so PS+ isn't needed.

I think I have around a year left on my sub so I better get Yakuza 5 played soon :p

• 5 weeks later...