This build of Windows will expire soon

I have started getting the above message on my computer.  About two years ago, I signed up for that Windows Insider program. The computer, a three year old Dell had a legit version of Windows 7 on it. In fact the sticker is still on the bottom.  Anyway, when I get the above message, there are two choice.  More info, and close.  If I choose More info. I come to a screen that talks about joining the Insider program, or Sign in.  No matter what option I choose, I still have problems. Ay one point it tells me "We noticed that you are running Windows 10, if you are looking to update to the latest version, click UPDATE NOW." I do that, a file is downloaded and installed. Its called a Windows 10 upgrader. Then I get a ,message that says "Thank you for upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10"  I then exit.  I then exit and assume all is well, but it is not. A little while latter I get the same message about Windows will expire soon etc. At the lower right of the screen it says, Windows 10 Home Insider Preview. Evaluation copy  14915, rs,  prerelease 160826-1901.   Any suggestions on how to fix this. It tells me this will continue to happen until Oct 1, and I think expire completely after that. I have a valid ISO disc I made from Microsoft. As a last resort, should I just use that disc to reload Windows 10 ???  But will my registration key or whatever be on Microsofts servers, or will I have additional problems ??  Many thanks.  Mike

This message would be sent to those who are using an outdated insider build. From start menu, choose run, type winver, hit enter and see what version it says you are running:

winver.PNG

If you don't see Version 1607, then there's an issue, and somehow your system is not getting the newest updates.

You should qualify for:

Digital license

You’re a Windows Insider and upgraded to the newest Windows 10 Insider Preview build on an eligible device that was running an activated previous version of Windows and Windows 10 Preview.

jnelsoninjax...Thanks for the reply.  It says,  Version 1607 (OS build 14015.1000)  at the bottom of the screen it says "evaluation copy,  expires 10/1/2016  I recently changed how I get the insider updates to SLOW.  Do you think that could be the problem.  Thanks,  Mike

I have never played with the insider builds, but it does seem like everything points right at that being the issue. Check this article, it may give you a little more information, and some steps to take to hopefully fix them.

I think if you don't get a newer build through WU, just go grab the newest RS2 or RS1 build you can find and use that to upgrade to at least 14393.   There's no reason to wait for WU to push it to you, specially if it's not doing so after all this time.

OK, I went back into Insider preview builds and changed when I get them from SLOW to FAST. I then got build 14926. It downloaded and installed (about an hour) now if I go to that WINVER I see build 14926 listed, and the expiration date is now  5/1/2017  So I should be good for several months again. Thanks guys, Mike