help! Administrator Policies

upon trying to instally Norton Antivirus 2002, it says

"Your System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

yet, i am the closest thing to an admin, and even logging in on the XP Administrator Account, it still says the same thing.

how can i fix this or change such a policy?

I had that prob once...a LEGAL copy of windows xp fixed it

Actually for me it does work and I have installed both XP and NAV2002 so many times I can't even remember. And XP's surely not legal. :evil:

This can be either of two different problems on your home/local PC which I assume is not part of a domain.

1. You actually changed some of the policies in Local Policy settings or you selected higher security settings for IIS or some some other feature.

2. You actually previously changed the permissions or security on some drives or directories.

Fix for problem 1: Reset the settings to what they were.

Fix for problem 2: Reset the permissions for drives and directories to allow the Admininstrator and Administrators permissions of every type.

This is how: Right click on the drive and/or directory and select Properties --> then the Security tab. You should see all sorts of permissions with or without checks in the checkboxes and you should also see Everyone in the names section if the settings are the same as when installed. All you need to do though, is add your username to the list and select all Permissions for your username. Then you can read/write to the drive directory at will.