DesktopWeather Beta 2

Question

DesktopWeather Beta 2 is available for download.

Get it Here.

Please read the website and Read Me.txt file. The site has been loading pretty slow lately. If anyone can offer me web hosting with sql/php support please let me know.

Please post your comments/bugs and ideas for next version.

-Matrox

digidep, I'm not sure what's up. I have 2.2, and my zip code is exactly like yours (47906) and it works.

It's cool, Matrox. Just giving you a hard time. Well worth the trouble, my friend! :D

BTW, DesktopWeather still freezes on me occasionally, and I have to shut it down in task manager. Just giving you the heads up.

wow, lol, now i'm really starting to get scared. three people with 47906 zip codes in the same thread! :p mine seems to update fine, but it still seems to "stop responding" every couple hours. i haven't figured out any single thing that causes it.

cheers,

joe

Hey, great program you have made here..

I have a few suggustions.. would it be possible to impliment a HTML link that you can enter the webpage of the site that gives you weather? The reason I am asking/suggusting this is because I am from Canada, and weather.com don't have my town on it, but weather.ca does. I don't know how you wrote this to read the data from weather.com, but I was wondering if it would be possible to have it work on weather.ca also? or for me to enter the webpage of my town from weather.ca through an html link. just a suggustion, other than that its great! Excellent work!

Also, if you enter the wrong thing in the country code box, then you get the error 13, and I can't seem to figure out how to remove errored typing and enter the correct code. Any help?

matrox,

i had to go and delete the reg values that 2.1 created...

now 2.2 runs and gets the weather for 47906...

no word on the update not working or not...

thanks for a great program!!!!

digidep

I'm also getting a "runtime error '13' type mismatch" when I enter the location code of my town and country which is Bordeaux, France, code FRXX0016

maybe some help !! ?

For all you getting that error 13 message go into your registry and go the the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareVB and VBA Program Settings" and there should be DesktopWeather entry there, delete that key and re-run Desktop weather and it might work for you, did for me anyway. You'll have to reconfigure everything though. and if there is no desktopweather entry there, search the registry for weather until you find it!

Originally posted by Ruciz  

For all you getting that error 13 message go into your registry and go the the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareVB and VBA Program Settings" and there should be DesktopWeather entry there, delete that key and re-run Desktop weather and it might work for you, did for me anyway. You'll have to reconfigure everything though. and if there is no desktopweather entry there, search the registry for weather until you find it!

I did that... but everytime I reenter my location code I've got the same message again and again....

I'm in France and my code is FRXX0016

I also just got th"Error 13" message. It was the first time and it happened shortly after exiting Flight Simulator 2002. I tried running it again and reproducing the error, but I couldn't. Don't know whats causing it, but it seems common.

yeh i get the error 12 too... looks like this:

i only tried to chose: Country: Canada, Location: Trois-Rivi?res, and to put the degrees in celcius

bug.JPG

I'm not certain, but I think that it is only when it says tonight that it does not display a high temperature. This is normal for all weather reports regarding the night, since it is always (I'm sure there MAY be an exception to this) cooler at night and it is really only important to know what the low will be, since whatever the current temp is, it probably won't get warmer until it is the next day anyway. If you look at the Weather Channel web site, it is exactly the same way.

ahhh, sonofagun. :mad: i just came to say that after starting b2.2, it hadn't "stopped responding" yet. and as soon as i got to this page, i got the error code 13 type mismatch error. lol. well i'm gonna try deleting the reg entry, and see if that helps.

cheers,

joe

::EDIT:: After deleting the reg key, DW gives me the code 13 error right away every time i try to start it :(

I got another error 13 and now i get it every time I try to start the program. I haven't restarted the computer since the second instance, the first in this long neverending string of errors. I'm sure it will go away when I restart, so that suggests that once it breaks it says broke until a restart, perhaps a memory conflict or something. Some of the programs I have going are Norton AV, Zone Alarm Pro 3 Beta, Direct CD, the MS Virtual Desktop manager and audio player, and True Launch Bar, plus I am always running IE6 and a Perfect Disk service is loaded. Any similarities to anyone else getting the errors?

And now I'm getting the error 13! I hadn't encountered it until now, but now the program will not run, as I get the error every time I try to load it.

DoubleJ, the only similiarity I see with me is IE6. I almost always have an IE6 window upen.

Originally posted by nspencer  

And now I'm getting the error 13!  I hadn't encountered it until now, but now the program will not run, as I get the error every time I try to load it.

DoubleJ, the only similiarity I see with me is IE6.  I almost always have an IE6 window upen.

same here...:(

Even after I restarted the computer it wouldn't start. It is almost like the program rewrote itself or something. I tried shutting everything else down and it wouldn't work. Hopefully Matrox will get the same error when he is running it in debug mode. For now, back to beta 2, that one still works. A though just occured to me, maybe it has something to do with the time of day. I don't remember exactly when if failed permanently, but I think it was around midnight. Anyone else know what time it stopped working?