High Bandwitdh!!!

Originally posted by Krome  

Are you sure it's 800KBps and not 800Kbps?

yep.. i'm sure about his claims.. shaw has excellent speed.. its rated at 8000/1000 Kbps..

so 800KB/s is correct..

shaw is world's fastest residential isp.

i love their service.

Most of time I get 400 from MS and other large server and 200 from everywhere else. occasionaly 80 from slower servers. This afternoon I was over 800 KB !!!

Its about $40 CDN a month. Which is a lot less in USD

Wow, when I lived in Vancouver about a year ago, shaw (also rogers before it was shaw) was absolutely terrible. It went down on a near daily basis, I never saw more than 40K/s on my upstream, and the downstream, although occasionally moving in burts up to 450K/s usually was happy to hover well below 100. Mind you, the Telus DSL in the area was the worst "broadband" internet connection I've seen in my life. When I phoned up to ask why it wasn't possible to achieve the advertised, and admittedly low, 1.5MBit, the customer service rep basically told me that 1.5MBit is a number selected at random that you're guaranteed never to reach, they may as well call it a 100MBit connection.

yeah.. they took the speed crown from optimum online now only that more people are on Opt Online now. But my max was 1.2MBytes/s from an AOL FTP downloading the 25MB AOL setup file back in the days... i checked DSL reports and yeah.. they are the fastest now but you still can't touch my max speed. My connection used to be 10Mbps/1.5Mbps. But now my normal downloads are max at 500KBytes/s from IRC OC48 bots :)

Originally posted by Quazzi  

I finally got cable today! :D  Hurray! I was wondeing how fast this is? What could I do to optimise my speed? Thanx

bandwidth.jpg

please upload somewhere else. i cant see that without logging in to msn.