Photo

Better than Foobar or Winamp?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 Tokyo

Tokyo

Neowinian

Posted 28 March 2004 - 07:33

Wow, foobarlooks sucks compared to skins with Winamp or Windows Media Player. Foobar2000 is nice and minimal, and packed with more features than Winamp, but the lack of volume control without going into the option menu is odd. Is there a way you can put volume control in the toolbar?

sometimes one really gets annoyed by ppl not knowing what they should before making a statement thats not true.
foobar was never made to have a "skin". this is something the foocommunity has brought to the users, not the coder himself. and since its still in development, you wont find that many skins around yet, im sure there will be plenty to satisfy any kind of user.

you will find a nice little taskbar plugin at http://mujweb.cz/www...pace/foobar.htm

Posted Image

which will take care of the most common issues of playback with foobar. there are other than this one a numerous other plugins you can use to enhance foobar looks and functions.
and why dont you do it simple for volume control, do as me, i use a global key (shift+ num+ and num-) to raise and lower the volume. very practical and very neat.

#47 l0g0ut

l0g0ut

Neowinian

Posted 28 March 2004 - 11:14

shift+ num+ and num- ? didn't do nothing for me. OS X maybe?

#48 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: An awesome Moto X for $150 off contract.

Posted 28 March 2004 - 11:27

why you people say that apollo is old and abandoned? its latest update was in this year, this month

#49 Andre

Andre

piemeister

Posted 28 March 2004 - 11:35

Apollo sound quality does seem to be nice, but I'll stick to fb2k. I myself came from Winamp after using it for like 4 years. Just a month ago I went to fb2k and gave it a try once again and stayed with it since.

For those who don't know, you can get foo_tunes which is a iTunes-like GUI for fb2k. It has some neat stuff.

#50 vetsanctified

sanctified

Your order is meaningless. My chaos is significant.

• Phone: An awesome Moto X for $150 off contract.

Posted 28 March 2004 - 11:45

Apollo sound quality does seem to be nice, but I'll stick to fb2k. I myself came from Winamp after using it for like 4 years. Just a month ago I went to fb2k and gave it a try once again and stayed with it since.

For those who don't know, you can get foo_tunes which is a iTunes-like GUI for fb2k. It has some neat stuff.

any screenshots about this?

#51 Andre

Andre

piemeister

Posted 28 March 2004 - 11:54

any screenshots about this?

screenshot

#52 morkuma

morkuma

1988>2006

Posted 28 March 2004 - 14:13

shift+ num+ and num- ? didn't do nothing for me. OS X maybe?

i have the exact same ones set up :p

go to preferences - keyboard shortcuts and add them set to shift+ and shift- (make sure to click global)

#53 vetPink Floyd

Pink Floyd

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 March 2004 - 20:50

apollo was the audio player I've used years ago... before foobar
now foobar kicks his ass easy as hell
and I wont talk about winamp because this one is way behind

#54 manroweb

manroweb

Lover of all things tech

Posted 29 March 2004 - 00:33

Foobar still gets my vote

#55 OP OrangeSoul

OrangeSoul

I am just a User

Posted 29 March 2004 - 03:25

in terms of audio quality specially since last 4 months the audio quality has been improved even more than before , this software stopped developing for 4 years until someone put it on fileforum and the developer started to update it every 3-4 weeks since then. i think for audio wise its better than foobar or winamp but not in terms of features, but im not somone who goes for a gazillion options, al i want to do is listen to music and thats what this software does, output great music

#56 Shannon

Shannon

Neowinian

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:50

in terms of audio quality specially since last 4 months the audio quality has been improved even more than before , this software stopped developing for 4 years until someone put it on fileforum and the developer started to update it every 3-4 weeks since then. i think for audio wise its better than foobar or winamp but not in terms of features, but im not somone who goes for a gazillion options, al i want to do is listen to music and thats what this software does, output great music

Like I said, if it had native Ogg Vorbis support I'd use it. It says its compatible with Winamp general purpose plugins, but when I tried to use the Audioscrobbler plugin with it, it wouldn't work. Maybe because the Ogg Vorbis plug-ins are out of date, I don't know. I also have another nit pick with it - I couldn't find out how to edit the metadata of some of my tracks.

It's sad as I really like it's simplicity. :(

#57 kci

kci

Neowinian

Posted 29 March 2004 - 13:08

pwned totally pwned!! :D

sound quailty > winamp > foobar

memory usage 2.6mb ~ 1.2 when minimized :D

pwned

ur guys computer must really suc* :p

Attached Images

• pwned.JPG

#58 yudi_lks

yudi_lks

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 March 2004 - 13:30

How many music do you have? 4?

#59 iwod

iwod

Neowinian

Posted 29 March 2004 - 13:31

screenshot

i am using foo tunes as well, but i asked wa y back for icon pack. Where could i get some different icons like yours?

#60 morkuma

morkuma

1988>2006

Posted 29 March 2004 - 14:59

How many music do you have? 4?

that is what i was thinking

take a look at my screeny
then dump over 9000 songs into apollo and give her a try then