My first speeding ticket...

And just yesterday I was thinking how good life has been to me lately...

Yep, I know what you mean.

Funny how stuff like this always happens after life starts to get good.

Well, at least it's not 100 mph, because that sounds... 100 mph faster than 99 mph.

ur a ###### if you never get a speeding ticket
well then i'm a ######... WTF are you talking about?

Yeah man, you just gotta know when you can speed and when you can't. :p

I was taking 101 south.. My exit was the Blossom Hill road exit and right after I passed the exit before that (Hellyer) I saw a loong line of cars going at like 55-60mph, so rather than wait behind them I changed the lane to the second lane from the right and hit the gas so I could pass the cars before my exit came up. The road was empty, so I did think it was kind of peculiar that all the cars were bunched up in the slow lane going so slow, but I didn't realize I passed a cop until he changed the lane and turned on his lights :cry:

Yeah, 101 and 280 are pretty fast, but have you been on 880? Its a newly paved road, very very smooth, and its a straight ride halfway to berkeley (about 30+ miles of no turns or curves)... You wont see anyone going less than 100mph on there. Even the crappy '90 Toyotas are going at like 95+.

Yeah, that 880 is nice. That's what I'm saying, though. The cop was a punk, probably having a bad day or just bored. They are never consistant. I bet you could have the same situation happen next week with the same cop and he won't make a move on you. :no: That's why I asked where you were at the time.

Oh well.

if it makes you feel better, i got slapped with a $120 fine for traveling 70km in a 60km zone during Easter.

What, is that true? That's no "nice price" for 10km/h over... :o

Yep.. At least here. Any cycle, whether it be motored or not, must follow the same rules as a car. Stopping at all stop signs and lights, signaling, the whole enchilada.

Same here in Germany... You can loose your license (if you got one :D ) for a month or longer, just as if you were driving a car.

well im 18 now (since Jan.) and I've had 3 tickets.. so far none on my record.. 1st one was 70 in 55 but i had out of state license so they didnt report it, 2nd was for burning out on main street one night ;) $150 for sunny tires.. i got it ripped up when i talked to a friend who is a cop.. the 3rd one i got last november and it was 84 in 70 (I-540 coming into LR) I had to pay $115 ($125-$10 discount for wearing seatbelt :)) but it didn't go on my insurance b/c i went to court told him it was my first ticket.. blah blah.. im really sorry.. and i went to defensive driving class which was like $40.. so I paid about $175 including ticket, court fees, and class fees.. i could have been relieved on the payment of the ticket if i would have went on two "clean up" crews and pick up trash.. but forget that :p i'd much rather pay

Edited by ZeRoN

i can understand people getting speeding tickets but getting a ticket because you're not wearing your seatbelt? that's is just STUPID.. if i had a kid and he came home with a ticket because he didn't have his seatbelt on i would kill him! seatbelts are more important to me than some stupid speeding ticket

i know that feeling, where your gut feels like it dropped 100 feet in 2 seconds and your legs get cold and freeze up.

Actually your guts went about 290 feet in that 2 seconds ;) but seriously, join the club your folks will get over it. it's just a speeding ticket, you've paid the price and you will probably take more notice of your speedo next time.

I speak from experience, i got ticketed for 44mph in a 30 zone 3points and a ?60 ($120ish) fine however never got spotted doing 145mph on the motorway.(it was their car, they cough on their drinks but that was about it, my old dear has more points than me anyway :laugh:: ) and if your parents thought you were speeding show them these, you were positivly slow in comparison :DD :DD :DD

http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=673

http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=143

http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=134

Have you ever seen speedo's move that quick:blink:: :blink::

wait wait.. you said MPH not KMPH right? damn.. if it was 99KMPH that'd be fine for the freeway.. but then I looked again.. 99KMPH.. that's out of the question. good luck Hell, we give you our support (Y)

Well, see, I take dedicated care of my car to make sure the tires are in perfect shape and my engine is running clean. Sure, there's always the chance of a blowout and anything else, but that chance is quite small, especially if I go at 90mph only once every few weeks. As for black ice, the temperature was about 85 degrees, so I don't think that had much of a possibility either.

Still though, its no excuse, I know. I deserve the ticket. I'm just trying to make excuses to make me feel angry at the government rather than at myself.

Yeah, well your tires may be in perfect shape, it doesn't mean the road is. I was just saying the chances of catastrophic failure increase exponentially, not linearly. Most street cars really ain't made to take accidents at 90 mph :no:

I am SO screwed... My legs feel numb, I've lost my appetite, and I just feel like drowning myself :pinch:

I just got my first speeding ticket. What speed was I going? a freaking 99 miles per hour. I had NO idea I was going that fast, and if I did I wouldve slammed on the breaks... I dont drive that fast! I can't believe it.

And the worst part? My parents are going to butcher me. I mean, take away my car, computer, and every imaginable piece of fun in my life :pinch: They yell at me for going at 70mph on the freeway, I can only imagine how freaked they are gonna be at 99mph.

And just yesterday I was thinking how good life has been to me lately...

wow guy... it's just a ticket..

Pay it and there's nothing to worry about. it's not the end of the world.. if your parents give you **** about it... tell em they did the exact same thing when they were your age... if it was their car.. well.. forget about borrowing it again.

That's sux. I had speeding infringement before and never wanted to speeding anymore. Wasting fuel and money.

What, is that true? That's no "nice price" for 10km/h over... :o

yeahs, cops are real nazis during long weekends i.e. Easter, holidays etc. double demerit points, fines increased, frequent breath tests, you get it. i'm not sure if this is only in Australia though.

yeahs, cops are real nazis during long weekends i.e. Easter, holidays etc. double demerit points, fines increased, frequent breath tests, you get it. i'm not sure if this is only in Australia though.

Usually the same fines around here, just a lot more out. Especially New years. Although they recently lowered the BA level here to .03 ... you basically can't drink anything and drive within an hour, and at my weight, it's probably even longer than that.