[MOD] IPB WAP Script

Question

18 answers to this question

Could wait for the v2.0 lo-fi feature though...

Huh?

Well, I'm amazed how far my Script is spreading through the net, thanks saman...

Anyways, I just released v1.8 and v1.9 will be coming soon!

v1.9 will have full featured posting functions!!!

I have already added some language translation features too! :D

My Demo:

http://www.sentertainment.net/forums5.php

Has anyone actually used this wap forum script on a phone? as i can't get it to work on my nokia. It just says file format unknown.

:D Been fixed in my last few versions...

Be sure to check out v2.0 when it's out!

It will have skinning options! :D

Sentertainment: The script looks great!

But are you aware of the Lo-Fi version included in IPB 2.0? It is basicly the same.. :unsure: Not pure WAP, but many WAP phones reads simple HTML also.

Sentertainment: The script looks great!

But are you aware of the Lo-Fi version included in IPB 2.0? It is basicly the same.. :unsure: Not pure WAP, but many WAP phones reads simple HTML also.

Ah, yes I am...but...

I tries to make my WAP IPB Script FOR phones, the Lo-Fi IPB is for both PC and phones, so it hasn't been modified as much to fit a phone! :D

Could wait for the v2.0 lo-fi feature though...

yep and that also wouldnt work with Wap enabled devices ! :no:

Very Nice mod ~ will be insatalling this later !!!

Sentertainment: Ok, your script have posting and start topic abilities also? The lo-fi version is "read-only" :)

daveS: Many phones hav WAP browsers that read simple html also. At least Nokia.

Sentertainment: Ok, your script have posting and start topic abilities also? The lo-fi version is "read-only" :)

daveS: Many phones hav WAP browsers that read simple html also. At least Nokia.

Yeah but its not standard feature on all fones so you cant rely on it for use of site with all visitors. At least with wap it can be viewd on all WaP enabled fones and once designed well it can look as good as a simple html page.

Sentertainment: I can't get it working... :(

And i have a feeling the reson is that your script assumes that the URL is http://www.xx.x. My url is http://forum.xxx.xx, without www.

The only thing displayed when i go to the url of the script, is "Sentertainment forums" followed by some SQL queries (source code). I renamed to wap.wml, cause wap.php resulted in error (unknown filetype). Browser is Nokia 6600.

Yes it supports posting new topics, and the error...not sure, show me what it displays! :D

Well, I'm gonna be releasing cForums my comercial forums script that will revolutionize Forums! (If I pull it off!)

Well, I plan on having IPB, phpBB, and vBulletib support along with the ability to run WML, xHTML, HTML, and more!!!

The skinning options are what will power it, it's hard to explain, but a parsing engine, my new programming language I call f-code and the skins will be the core of it!

The only catch is cForums will be comercial and cost $20... it's still a good price compared to other forums and scripts!

This new forums script will be entirely configurable with ease, if you want to have custom looking forums, this will be the way to go!

All skins will be simple HTML/WML/xHTML files that will tell the script what to display and when/how to display it, skins will have nearlt unlimited control on the script!

Yes, this was an amazing intro, I just hope I can pull this off...If I do, wow... :D

At least I am able to say you guys can expect a skinnable IPB Compatable forums, I hope to get this all done soon and have this full dream fullfilled!

So far I'm probably anywhere from 25% to %70 done, It's too early to tell how far I am in this project!

Just wait for my "sequel" to WAP IPB Script!

It's called cForums, if you want more info on it, go to: www.sentertainment.net

cForums will actually be a repalcement (when it's complete) of your IPB (or phpBB/vBulletin)...

It's just going to be a sweet script for Web designers, it's based towards working on all net enabled devices and skinning...

See what the default mobile (xHTML) skin is going to look like: http://www.sentertainment.net/testing/

*Still under lots of construction, but it gives you the basic idea! My second skin will look like IPB 2.0! :D