Visual Studio.Net 2005 Express beta

Question

New toolbar styles aswell, Office 2003 style.

But what about XP style toolbars? :/

XP style toolbars are sooooo 2002ish... :rolleyes:

This program is free. This is one of the first open Source programs from microsoft!!!

Microsoft Word Express. Will be also Free when it comes out...

ok.. it may be free but imo, it will never be open source :no:

What ever it is it is free and it is really good looks professional. Finally we get something for free.

It's not free. Just the Beta is free. But the full version will be dirt cheap.

Just because M$ is making something available for free to the public, doesn't mean that it's the final product, or that the final product will be free. I guess people are having a difficult time grasping that concept. They're shell-shocked! I am too! :woot:

Who cares man the beta version is working excellent for me no bugs so far the final one must have something very extra as to me this beta version is like the final one.

Who cares man the beta version is working excellent for me no bugs so far the final one must have something very extra as to me this beta version is like the final one.

You should still avoid releasing bits based on a beta version of the framework. You never know what's going to end up breaking on the way to the final.

This is great for testing what new things Microsoft have up their sleeves, but you can't really make any programs and distribute them until version 2.0 of the .Net framework is made public on the Windows Update website.

Its great for building programs for your own use though !

This is great for testing what new things Microsoft have up their sleeves, but you can't really make any programs and distribute them until version 2.0 of the .Net framework is made public on the Windows Update website.

Its great for building programs for your own use though !

Beta 2 will have a Go Live licence, meaning you are allowed to distribute your applications commercially.

It's very nice both VB and C#, they've improved on it alot, and it looks like they're trying to make code look as simple as possible, help files are nice as well, it's very clear and succinct.

if we develop something in this, for anyone else to use it they are going to have to have the 2.0 framework?

Yep... .NET Framework 2.0 is required, I don't think this supports compiling to a specific framework version, but wow i just discovered you can configure the options to compile to different CPU platforms, sweet :)

Beta 2 will have a Go Live licence, meaning you are allowed to distribute your applications commercially.

But how can we distribute an app to someone that doesn't have the .Net 2.0 Framework installed ?

Well i think the net package should be in the next service pack so everyone has it

No it won't. It's in beta.

But how can we distribute an app to someone that doesn't have the .Net 2.0 Framework installed ?

Commerically, you can't legally. If it's just for private use, get them to download and install just the .NET Framework 2.0 Beta 1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en