sample asp.net code??

Question

Can someone post a simple line of ASP.NET code of text box or something??...I'm trying to make one in Notepad, but I keep getting a runtime error...please post the code for VB AND C#, thanks!

On a more or less separate topic...still haven't figured out how to fix my local host problem :(

Can't use VS.net to make ASP.net applications which really ****es me off...:dead:

8 answers to this question

Here's a C# example from the docs:

<pre>

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<html>

<head>

<script language="C#" runat="server">

void SubmitBtn_Click(Object Sender, EventArgs e) {

Label1.Text = "TextBox1.Text = " + TextBox1.Text;

}

</script>

</head>

<body>

<h3>TextBox Sample</h3>

<form runat="server">

<asp:TextBox id="TextBox1" Text="Type some text here" Columns="25" MaxLength="30" runat="server"/>

<asp:Button OnClick="SubmitBtn_Click" Text="Copy Text to Label" Runat="server"/>

<p>

<asp:Label id="Label1" Text="Label1" runat="server"/>

</form>

</body>

</html>

</pre>

Gumboot...that code of yours works even if I don't specify the page language, because the script language is specified. How do I get the same output from specifying the page language, instead of the script language?? I tried to do that in my code, but it gave me a runtime error. What should I do??

Sorry, sleeping :D

The reason replacing <script language="C#" runat="server"> with <% %> gives you an error is because functions can only be defined with <script> blocks.

In fact, you only need one, to define all your functions. Then use <% %> blocks for the rest of your page.

The page language specifies the language of the <% %> blocks and probably the <script> blocks, by replacing <script language="C#" runat="server"> with <script runat="server">.