Css?

Question

6 answers to this question

Cascading Style Sheets are used to provide an index of "styles" for a webpage to refer to. They can define the looks of basically everything in HTML (tables, text, links, etc.) and also the looks of cursors and scrollbars on webpages -> like neowin has done.

If you are using the same two texts alot, CSS may save alot of code. For example, if you use two alternate texts many times in the one page, this could following code could be put into a CSS file.

font.alternate1{color:#000000; font-family:Verdana; font-size:6px;}

font.alternate2{color:#F1F1F1; font-family:Tahoma; font-size:9px;}

Then all you would have to type on the page is:

Text here

Text here

Text here

...and so on. :)

I've found a tutorial, but I'm not sure how good it is.

http://www.w3schools.com/css/

I'm actually write a guide now (literally now, notepad's open behind this window :D ) for XHTML 1.1 and CSS2.

CSS has a LOT of uses and lets you fiddle with layout TONS more than HTML ever could. Learn it NOW and you'll end up coding pages 10X faster.

Forexample, I coded my main page with about 10 div tags w/ CSS, where I'd have to do the same thing with almost a hundred table tags.... It's a REAL time saver and produces better results when you get used to it.

Be careful though.

Netscape, Opera, Mozilla and Internet Explorer all handle CSS a bit differently. Each interprets sizes and amounts a little differently, for some of the areas of the styles.

So be sure the style works and looks good in all the browsers, unless you are working on an Intranet application where you can guarantee a browser platform.

iUk

well see i made my website with a lot of css codeing... so i have differnt themes

my index is a blue scheme and then i have a black scheme. it just uses a diff .css file... this takes a while i had to use most my content as .txt but it was a exparement but turned into a website HAHAHA.lol