Doom 3 Screensaver

You guys rock (Y)... great job...

One thing I would recommend: Dont have the text stay in the same place. A screen saver shouldn't have stationary objects. You'll get some screen burn in if you keep the same image there all the time

Would it be possible to make the font a little taller + gradiented? That'd be sweet.

Oh and can we please get a version without a setup? Is a setup process really necessary?

Lardiop, its VERy rare that it would happen, and if it doesnt it will only be on older monitors. PLus it would take a very long time to burn in if it where too.

BTW is there anyway to have the logo just rotate all the way around. And NOT just rotate halfway and then rotate back?

I think it would be kinda cool to have scanlines animate like how their is animation when you move your cursor in the main menu of the game. Also, is it possible to cut down the CPU usage a little? When I resume from the screensaver, I see my CPU temp has risen like 5 degrees.

It's my current screensaver..... which is odd, cos my screensaver has been set to none for over a year now.

same ;)

and your welcome for the first link, could have at least said it was mine :sleep:

Not much of a "screensaver" more like a screen burner. Maybe some static that scrolls over the screen that would keep the words from burning in.

god damn, excellent work. i never expected this many replies, or a freakin excellent screensaver out of this. but i'm glad. thanks to all who put effort into this !!

Awesome! Maybe a fade on the non moving fonts (only) would help with people with old monitors.

It's funny people complain about screen burn, but most people don't even have their screen savor enabled.

DOWNLOAD 1.0 now

please report any bugs or any thing you would like to see and ill work at it. Next version may have some ambient sound in it as an option. im going to try doing scan lines as one person suggested. maybe a little blood throw up on the screen every once in a while as another suggested

no bugs,but why the hell he wants to connect to the net?

i want an answer.

You posted a screensaver not a trojanware i suppose,so what does he want with the net?

He tries random ports like 2126,2127,2128 etc,at my local address.

and starts a rundll.exe to whom he tells to run it as an application.and for the past five minutes it tried different ports 20 times.

now i am going to report this,so the matter is solved,since after two questions author did not seem to bother answering.

THis thread read people who do not posss the knowlede about what they downloaded - no offense,and it seems to me not right to see them scammed like this.

Btw it really looks good,but everything has its flaws.

no bugs,but why the hell he wants to connect to the net?

i want an answer.

You posted a screensaver not a trojanware i suppose,so what does he want with the net?

He tries random ports like 2126,2127,2128 etc,at my local address.

and starts a rundll.exe to whom he tells to run it as an application.and for the past five minutes it tried different ports 20 times.

now i am going to report this,so the matter is solved,since after two questions author did not seem to bother answering.

THis thread read people who do not posss the knowlede about what they downloaded - no offense,and it seems to me not right to see them scammed like this.

Btw it really looks good,but everything has its flaws.

Can anyone confirm this activity?

This worries me somewhat....