Home Brew Console

Originally posted by chrisnelis

We hope to make the machine for arround the $200-$250

I think it's a fun idea but 200-250? It seems a little overpriced for a console which you have no software for, and even if you do, well... you know what i mean. Maybe 100-150 would be a better idea.. and instead of AMD processors, why not x86? Cheap and fast enough for an initial start.

uh...interesting, but lacks techincal finesse...

i guess we see why it's large corporation making these things. it's all in the r&d :D

good luck though, and it'll be interesting to see what you "brew" up ;)

Good luck at trying to get a PC gone console to retail for 200-250 dollars. I can't imagine you selling that machine for less than 300+.

So, erm, I wouldn't waste my time with it.

And uh; you do realize that if you don't use linux (embedded), you'll have to use a hard drive with windows installed. And we don't even need to discuss how expensive THAT would be.

I don't think you can put a machine together for that price you want to... and then if you plan on mass selling it? More and more money.. heh, might need some more resources first!

That's a good one. Besides there's a really good point made out in your forums: Why would anyone want to buy another piece of hardware to play games that you can play in a standar linux box? (if linux is the OS as you point out)