Fonts fit for the web

Question

I am making a web page and I need to know what fonts most computers have so I know which ones I can use on the site. I don't want it looking awesome on 1 computer that has the font and s***ty on another that doens't. Does anyone think they can help?

9 answers to this question

can someone make a list of all of them they can think of? I'm into the fancier stuff...well not that Comic Sans is fancy but I like different looking fonts. Is there a site that might have a list like this?

There's not alot of fonts that are wide spread and 'different' looking. Unless you want to have the text as a picture, you can't really get creative with fonts. Also, don't have one of those pages that you have to download the font to view it.

Originally posted by eckoman2k1

I am making a web page and I need to know what fonts most computers have so I know which ones I can use on the site. I don't want it looking awesome on 1 computer that has the font and s***ty on another that doens't. Does anyone think they can help?

Use weft and u can use any font u want

search for WEFT its a font embeder by M$

Originally posted by 72001

Use weft and u can use any font u want

search for WEFT its a font embeder by M$

yeah, that'll work...if you use IE.

Screws over us Moz users and just isn't good style.

Just stick to normal fonts, becuase you can end up making things too hard to read with weird fonts....