Will Halo ever be released on the PC??

why waiting for halo for pc...there are so many extra-cool-very-good-suppa games coming for the pc, halo won't have a chance. i mean unreal 2, quake 4, doom3...yeah baby...forget halo

Originally posted by mariusu

why waiting for halo for pc...there are so many extra-cool-very-good-suppa games coming for the pc, halo won't have a chance. i mean unreal 2, quake 4, doom3...yeah baby...forget halo

Ah that is so true.. U2's graphics are outstanding.. they even blow Halo out of the water..

Originally posted by velocity3k

That's true but wouldn't you like to play Halo online, i know i would!

look for the gamespy tunnel on www.gamespy.com Only for high speed/low latency connections though :p

Originally posted by velocity3k

I tried the gamespy arcade but most of the time you can't have more than 3 people in a match.

true!!! but it's still fun tho :D

It's not coming to PC for a while. I'm guessing at least not until first quarter 2003. Microsoft clearly stated after buying Bungie that they want a long time between the XBox and PC releases. In fact, Microsoft originally didn't want Halo to ever come to PC, but Bungie said that they will make it, since it was originally planned for PC.

According to this news story from XBox Gamers,, Halo for PC will not be about for a while. That news story talks about a big upcoming announcement by Microsoft about Halo at the big Microsoft Party in San Francisco this week.

By the way, Halo has just passed the one million copies sold mark in North America since the XBox launch. That makes it the fastest game to reach the one million copies sold mark on next-generation consoles (XBox, PS2, GameCube). Remember folks, only really good games sell quickly. :p

just have to be patient now! Microsoft didnt want to release it on pc because if it was an x-box only title more people would buy it just for halo, but as bungie have made a pc version microsoft thought they might as well make some more ?s by releasing it on pc as well