Counter-Strike 1.4 Impressions

So what do you guys think of the new CS. Personally I really like all of the new features and I have yet to see a cheater. But, playing for only half an hour people are already bashing it and I don't think it is that bad. All I have to say is, if you are going to bitch about then game then why not leave the server? They keep on bitching about how bad it is yet they don't stop playing and leave the server. Oh well. The new maps rock though, especially chateau.

Originally posted by MaxPayne1357  

Know of any mirrors where i can dl it, Seeing as how the official site is bogged down.

if ya need the mod version of cs.. i have it on irc..

i am hosting the cs 1.3-1.4 and hl 1.1.0.9 on irc.. if you want it.. do this

go to irc on DALNET

go to channel #SG-Kareena

type my trigg and download

enjoy..

Thank You ;)

Space Guy

Space Guy's Space Computer Corporation

CS 1.4 sucks big time.

You can die now whitout getting hit.

You can die just by standing behind brick walls.

I like that the bodies stay on the ground after someone dies, and I like the spectator view, but other than that, i'll rather use 1.3.

I was just playing for couple of hours, and people are already cheating, and the whole game play is now different.

You can die even if you are miles away, just from one shot from a hand gun, and in another case you can go and shoot the hell out of someone and he'll still be alive.

I think that 1.4 has lots of flaws and bugs, it just ruined the game.

Originally posted by mr_da3m0n  

Thanxs for the fast transfer, Space Guy =D

np man.. thats what i am here for :)

Thank You ;)

Space Guy

Space Guy's Space Computer Corporation

Originally posted by Euphoria  

CS 1.4 sucks big time.

You can die now whitout getting hit.

You can die just by standing behind brick walls.

I like that the bodies stay on the ground after someone dies, and I like the spectator view, but other than that, i'll rather use 1.3.

I was just playing for couple of hours, and people are already cheating, and the whole game play is now different.

You can die even if you are miles away, just from one shot from a hand gun, and in another case you can go and shoot the hell out of someone and he'll still be alive.

I think that 1.4 has lots of flaws and bugs, it just ruined the game.

I think you are exaggerating a bit. I have been playing for 3 hours on 4 different servers and I have never been killed for no reason at all and I have seen no cheating what-so-ever. If a brick wall is killing you then you must really suck by getting killed by inanimate objects. The only problem I see they have is that the bodies that remain sometimes go through walls and when a person is tk punished their body respawns the next round, but they are just frozen there. And actually my ping has improved greatly. I was playing on a server in Boston and my ping was in the 20s and I live in PA so I am having no problems with that. The game has also not been definitely ruined. I have been playing it since beta 3 and I think it has never been better. Gooseman is definitely using the Half-Life engine to the max.

Originally posted by jmole  

I think you are exaggerating a bit.  I have been playing for 3 hours on like 4 different servers and I have never been killed for no reason at all and I have seen no cheating what-so-ever.  The only problem I see they have is that the bodies that remain sometimes go through walls and when a person is tk punished their body respawns the next round, but they are just frozen there.  And actually my ping has improved greatly.  I was playing on a server in Boston and my ping was in the 20s and I live in PA so I am having no problems with that.  And I seriously have not been killed by standing behind a brickwall.  Perhaps your game is corrupt or something, but I have not see that.

Try playing on different servers, because there are other people that got killed when hiding behind a wall.

Hey I also have a problem, maybe you can help me.

My CS game is stuck at 60FPS, no matter what i do. I changed the config file max_fps to 100 but I am still stuck at 60. Can you tell me how can I fix that?

Is there a setting in the regedit that I can change or something?

Originally posted by Euphoria  

Try playing on different servers, because there are other people that got killed when hiding behind a wall.

Hey I also have a problem, maybe you can help me.

My CS game is stuck at 60FPS, no matter what i do. I changed the config file max_fps to 100 but I am still stuck at 60. Can you tell me how can I fix that?

Is there a setting in the regedit that I can change or something?

I suggest reinstalling Half-Life and CS if you are having all these problems. Every time a new version of HL and CS comes out I do a fresh install of Half-Life and everything works perfectly for me so you could try that. Other then that it is your video card limiting your fps and you should download the newest drivers. Try to get a full-install of CS and uninstall the old one by deleting the cs folder, that could fix it to if you don't want to reinstall HL from scratch.

I like it, but ur movement is seriously restricted,

Strafing = bad (ok so u couldn't really do it IRL anyways), Jumping = bad (but that's good)

The only problem is that most situations end in a spray fight up close.

There's way too much camping now,

For instance today I pld on a 32 man server, dust,

All the ts camped... much more than usual.

Handguns = bad, so deagle eco tactics for MR12 will have to be changed.

As with CS 1.3 the hitboxes seem wrong, I can still miss someone with an awp and get a kill.

Can u play Mp3s in Cs 1.4?

I really dig 1.4. I miss the steam days where there were only about 40 servers though. I have been getting a lot of lag today. I'm not liking all the wallhackers out there. And there have been quite a few people using aimbots (and admitting to using them). Other than that, I really like it.

Originally posted by TDQuiksilver  

Euphoria..

In your video card settings, make sure Vertical Sync is turned OFF.

Thx Quiksilver. I solved the problem, now I have my FPS set at 100.

Can you guys tell me what are your tweaks in the config file?

Because I don tknow if its just me but I still get killed behind walls and the aiming is way off. I shoot at someone and I can tkill him.

I've been playing CS for a while and I was getting pretty good kills in CS 1.3 but now in 1.4 it seems like my aim is way off and like everyone but me has a perfect shot from long distance, even with a hand gun.

oh, and on what server do you usually play ?

can some1 tell me what it means by error in clie3nt.dll and does not match with the servers client.dll, i have done clean installs 5 times and still no luck.......:( i am really missing CS, and btrw i can play offline by myself just when i copneect to sewrvers i cant..... oh and its sucks so far....:(

mainly if u hate cs1.4 you are a newb yes a NEWB oh the jumping sux oh its harder to kill thats why its better more realistic. this is a nice release *just wish they sayed with cs 1.1 :(

Originally posted by KICK_XP  

can some1 tell me what it means by error in clie3nt.dll and does not match with the servers client.dll,  i have done clean installs 5 times and still no luck.......:( i am really missing CS, and btrw i can play offline by myself just when i copneect to sewrvers i cant..... oh and its sucks so far....:(

it proberly that ur trying to join a 1.3 server.

-----

i dont like the pistol change, so unaccurate now, the ak running is more accurate. Pistols are useless then. Who whould want to crouch on the ground with a pistol and shoot accurate shots? when u can do same thing with Ak or rifle. It dont even out.

The jump is a nice ideal. but should slow down on the 3rd jump i reckon not the 1st or 2nd.

+ i think realism && funfactor keeps this game alive.