Low FPS in Counter Stirke

Ok I just reinstalled CS and updated to cs 1.4 and I am using the WHQL 28.32 drivers for my GeForce 4 ti 4600 and I am still stuck at 60FPS.

I havent applyed any Refresh patches.

Originally posted by Evolution  

you need the 60hz fix, unless you are running a 28.32 modified 60hz fix.

Thx, I already fixed it. It was the Vertical Sync.

I just turnt it off and now I am getting above 100FPS :)

I dont understand why you would want to disable vsync, If i turn it off the textures in all my games will be tearing and trust me that looks like $hiT

Vertical Syncronisation To Refreshrate

That option will cause the GPU to render at the same speed as the RAMDAC converts the digital signals.

Triple Buffer may fix tearing problems if v-sync is off.

Auto-mipmap required.

Originally posted by King Mustard  

You won't tell the difference between 60 FPS, and 100 FPS! Trust me dude!

True.... I was just wondering why the hell I was getting such a low FPS with my GeForce 4.

By the way I dont get any tearing in the game with vsync off.

I am running the game with 4xAniso and 4xAA, and it runs great.

i have the new 28.90 drivers with the hacked file so i can use NvRef Fix. I ran the newest Nvref but my refresh rate is still stuck at 60!!! anyone know what else i could do to check my refresh rate?

Just a thought, in your initial post you state you changed the command max_fps - was this a typo, because the command is actually fps_max...

EDIT: Trust me not to read the whole post, seems you solved the problem already ;)

Originally posted by Fonze  

i have the new 28.90 drivers with the hacked file so i can use NvRef Fix. I ran the newest Nvref but my refresh rate is still stuck at 60!!! anyone know what else i could do to check my refresh rate?

perhaps you neglected to actually set the refresh rate in advanced display propertys

Originally posted by Max  

perhaps you neglected to actually set the refresh rate in advanced display propertys

nop i set to max refresh possible for each resolution for my monitor

btw i got Rivatuner, turned off VSync for Direct X and Open gl and force refresh at max, that seemed to fix it