Playing Quake using Microsoft Sidewinder...

Does anyone know any Quake game that supports game controllers? Or do you only play Quake using the mouse and keyboard? That would suck big time if you could only use mouse for this game. Thanks in advance.

hehe, just to save you from flaming, if you ever want to be any good at any FPS game, use keyboard and mouse. ;)

preferable WASD for your movement.

yeh i have to agree with BroChaos...

lol I remember at one stage I used to play Quake and Doom with a joystick - rofl- i used to use the POV hat for strafing and looking up and down

nah definitely use a mouse

used to play with sidewinder and mouse, game pad in my left hand for movement up / down - left / right, I'd also use that to stafe / and other functions .. and mouse in my right hand .... But over time I converted to the normal KB and Mouse way....:rambo:

When I first started playing UT, I had a real hard time getting used to the keyboard/mouse control system ( I was a pretty dedicated console gamer at the time ). So I ordered a fancy joystick thingy but by the time it came in I had already gotten used to the keyboard/mouse and I can't imagine playing fps any other way.

So, to answer you question, just keep using your keyboard/mouse for fps, it's the only way to go!

I used a joystick back in the day...

I had one hand on the joystick and the other hand on my keyboard for extra buttons. This was back in the day of Duke 3D and Doom. I was actually really good and beat alot of people with the joystick. However, the difference now is that you can look up and down, in Duke...you could just look in there direction and bullets would just go up...I liked that feature :)

With the newer games, a joystick would probably be way top hard to use. Besides that, with all the duke I played my sidewinder 3D Pro took quite a beating and thus...

No Longer Works :( I broke it with all the rough movments, I got way into these games :old:

i use the sidewinder dual strike for all first person shooter games.

i actualy get a better score using it that a mouse and keyboard, i only use the mouse when i need spot in sniping or something.