ClearInfo 0.48 for beta testing

Question

As some of you may remember before I was making a monitoring program called ClearInfo. I sort of gave up on it until recently, it now has auto update, cpu usage is now percentage, detects your cpu (almost any that exist), html output, skins, new settings dialog, etc. Anyways, if somebody feels like beta testing it, please leave a comment about what you think or what else I should add. Also, if you find a bug, leave information about your OS and setup. Hope everybody enjoys it :D

Download link here

Latest build @ FileForum

Website for ClearInfo here

EDIT: I forgot it add its only for Win2k/XP, but it might work on 98.

lol...no problem man. Ever since I've started to use Clearinfo I've been getting a warning from windows about low virtual memory. At 1st, I thought this was some other program or maybe it was the way that I have my comp setup. But last night every time I tried to load Clearinfo I kept getting the same message that windows is low on virtual memory. Like I said, this isn't the 1st time that this has happened to me while loading clearinfo, i've received this message while loading the previous betas. Here's my specs if you want to know...

Windows XP Pro

128mb of ram

10G HDD

hmm, I never had this problem. ClearInfo does not use much memory ~4MB, the only thing that could cause low resources is the transparency option. I have no problem's with that on

AMD k6-2 450mhz with 120MB ram

and

Intel PIII 650mhz with 256MB ram.

You need to set your virtual memory higher, mine is 350mb to 700mb.

Ok...changed it and the problem is gone. Everything's running smoothly now. IMO...all u need now is a really cool task tray icon*hint hint*.:ditsy: :paranoid:

no, its like a php files which can be included, like

<?php include('stats.inc'); ?>

<?php echo $proccessor; ?>

[/PHP]

Would say the processor, you can see a sample dynamic sig i made here

ok, ClearInfo 0.48 Beta 1 (not the final 0.48 beta) has been released for testing. You can download it here. The changelog is availiable in the news section of the site. It includes a new about dialog, ability to start up with windows (thanks to Dclanz for suggestion), and also has the ability to get the remote ip via the internet.

Problems man. I uninstalled the 047, rebooted, installed 048b1, configured it to startup with windows and then rebooted again. Here's the error message that I recieved...

"ClearInfo has made an exeption. Please send the following to the author:Access violation at address 0046BD71 in module 'clearinfo.exe'. Read of address 0000004C" :paranoid:

Are you using dialup? what windows version are you using? This is probably due to a component that has not yet loaded into Windows. The most simplest thing to do is to make a shortcut to the program under Programs -> Startup.

Win XP Pro and yeah, I'm on dial up. In addition to setting it to start with windows I set it to show the IP thingy. I can't get back into clearinfo to change anything though cause it freezes when i start it and i have to end it with taskmanager.

You have to be on the internet for the ip thing to work. You can go to the clearinfo directory and open config.ini in notepad, then edit showip=1 to showip=0 . Also, if it seems to freeze, it is really not frozen, just wait for 10 secs and it will show an error.

Download the new r2 with a new method of starting up here . Make sure detect ip is not check before doing this if you have dialup or are required to connect the internet with password/program.

Ok Z...I downloaded this version, uninstalled the old 1 and then installed this. The only thing I did was click run for it to startup with windows and then rebooted. But here's the strange thing....it loads up alright with windows but I get an error message, and when I click ok after viewing the error message it then loads a 2nd instance of clearinfo which appears in a window with a purple background. I can safely close it and the 1st instance will run ok though. Here's the error message...

Clearinfo has made an exception. Please send the following to the author: Access violation at address 0046B319 in module 'clearinfo.exe'. Read of address 0000004C.

Notice that it's now 0046B319 and not 0046BD71 as in the previous error.

The reason it loads twice is because you probably didnt unclick load at startup in the old version and now its in the registry. The new way should work perfectly. The error messages are just telling me the offsets of the errors, so I think it may be the part that detect the IP address. If the error message does not cause any problem in terms of functionality, I will make it silently write to a file all the errors that happen so it will not show them anymore. The purple background is probably caused by the 1st instance of the program taking up the resource.