Neowin Drifters!

I ass drag my 2000 Altima when ever i get a *safe* chance. 

it snowed here in VA not too long ago and i took the altima and my other drift crew for a little "dori, dori"

Once I figured out how the altima reacts to the ice and snow.  it was cake getting around town when none

of the roads had been plowed.

the key element to safe ass draging in the snow is good all-season tires.  I have the Pirelli P6's and they rock.

Lift the E-brake and as soon as i let it down, i regain traction!! 

I was leaving my neighborhood for work one morning and some dork parked his SUV about 3 feet from the curb

so when i rounded the corner i about to hit his SUV...  "Lift to Drift E-Brake" and i dori, dori-ed around his crap car!!

drifting does save the day!!

585438583[/snapback]

awesome MOVE! *sarcasm* :laugh:

I noticed somewhere along this thread where somebody said that FF drifting requires massive e-brake knowledge and that ff drifting isn't really drifting, its ass dragging. Whoever has said those things are very misinformed. You can FF drift. It doesn't USUALLY mke sense to do it, but you can FF drift. It's just a simple four wheel drift, of course with minimal counter-streer because the front wheels are the driving wheels.

Using the e-brake? man, that's pathetic. Only very, very new people to drifting actually use the e-brake.

E-brake drifting is OK. its not that hard to learn and its sorta useful. the problem with it is that you lose momentum, you have to have alot of speed to make a good drift and the longer you hold down the brake the more speed you lose. Its fun tho. Ive done both and when you want to slide, youll do anything to slide.

I noticed somewhere along this thread where somebody said that FF drifting requires massive e-brake knowledge and that ff drifting isn't really drifting, its ass dragging. Whoever has said those things are very misinformed. You can FF drift. It doesn't USUALLY mke sense to do it, but you can FF drift. It's just a simple four wheel drift, of course with minimal counter-streer because the front wheels are the driving wheels.

Using the e-brake? man, that's pathetic. Only very, very new people to drifting actually use the e-brake.

585459054[/snapback]

I bet you 100 smackers that even the Pros use handbrakes. :cool: and FF drifting is not possible. The reason is that the point of sliding your car around is done with a rear wheel drive. You can acess your power to your rear and making it to break traction. Now how can you break traction on a FF? Hence the name FRONT WHEEL DRIVE, the power ONLY goes to the FRONT WHEELS. The only way you can ' ass drag ' your car is only hand brake. But there are certain other cases where you can break traction by weight shifting, but you will end up in a roll before you start to break traction.

I bet you 100 smackers that even the Pros use handbrakes.  :cool: and FF drifting is not possible. The reason is that the point of sliding your car around is done with a rear wheel drive. You can acess your power to your rear and making it to break traction. Now how can you break traction on a FF? Hence the name FRONT WHEEL DRIVE, the power ONLY goes to the FRONT WHEELS. The only way you can ' ass drag ' your car is only hand brake. But there are certain other cases where you can break traction by weight shifting, but you will end up in a roll before you start to break traction.

585467340[/snapback]

Wow...clearly not knowing much about drifting. I already said 4 wheel drifts are very possible (I do them all the time in my avenger and daytona shelby) in FF cars. Ass dragging is not quite drifting, but close. The pros don't use the e-brake. It takes too long, and is bad for the brakes. Not to mention you can't retain control nearly as well as a well placed foot brake.

drifting teams for video games... eh....

pros DO use e-brakes. you use it when youre in a drift but you arent getting enough angle, just yank the E real quick and blam, more angle.

pros don't use the e-brake (unless they're REALLY screwed). It's a good way to compensate for pretty much anything you could havve screwed up, but if you're good you'll know a good way to get out of most things without using it. I'm not against using it in emergencies, just against people using it and thinking they're a good drifter. In my eyes, you're not drifting unless it's an inertial drift

Pro's can and do use the e-brake... if not just to start a drift....

Watch the drift bible... it's all in there...

585468197[/snapback]

True that,,..

In Drift Bible, the E-Brake is used in most if not all his driifting.

True that,,..

In Drift Bible, the E-Brake is used in most if not all his driifting.

585468303[/snapback]

gah finally somone else knows aboutthe drift bible and the e-brake situation!

gah finally somone else knows aboutthe drift bible and the e-brake situation!

585470415[/snapback]

mmm, the drift bible shows you how to do amateur drifts. you really need to learn your weight control in order to get the car to go sideways at higher speeds. in awd you cant even use th ebrake or you will be replacing your viscous coupling like every month. if you can learn the make the car loose traction without using the ebrake, then you are a good drifter.

btw, ebrake drifting in rwd is a sin.

Wow...clearly not knowing much about drifting. I already said 4 wheel drifts are very possible (I do them all the time in my avenger and daytona shelby) in FF cars. Ass dragging is not quite drifting, but close. The pros don't use the e-brake. It takes too long, and is bad for the brakes. Not to mention you can't retain control nearly as well as a well placed foot brake.

585467401[/snapback]

he's just showing HOW to execute a drift. That video's a teaching tool or people new to drifting. In reality he very seldom uses the e-brake

585470402[/snapback]

Contradicting ourselves are we? :rolleyes: ;) He STILL uses it, not to mention there are videos of the pros using it in D1GP competitions.

mmm, the drift bible shows you how to do amateur drifts.  you really need to learn your weight control in order to get the car to go sideways at higher speeds.  in awd you cant even use th ebrake or you will be replacing your viscous coupling like every month.  if you can learn the make the car loose traction without using the ebrake, then you are a good drifter.

btw, ebrake drifting in rwd is a sin.

585470629[/snapback]

we're talking about Pros using Ebrakes or not. :laugh:

Contradicting ourselves are we?  :rolleyes:  ;) He STILL uses it, not to mention there are videos of the pros using it in D1GP competitions.

we're talking about Pros using Ebrakes or not.  :laugh:

585470728[/snapback]

i dont see your point to quoting me?

i dont see your point to quoting me?

585472873[/snapback]

I thought you were saying that if you don't use ebrake you are a good drifter? Well if pros use handbrakes, are they still PRO drifters? :rolleyes:

lol. theres MANY ways of initiating a drift (as stated in the drift bible) all are valid and none of them make it not drifting. a drift is a drift is a drift, each technique has its own pros and cons and are good in different situations. some are just easier to learn than others, like e-brake drifting, that doesnt make it any less useful. I personally cant do it because my e-brake is so weak. I need to tighten that bitch. eh. clutch kick works fine for me now.

• 2 months later...

Drifting!! Sweet. A bunch of teens got arrested in the Wally World parking lot here for that. Too stupid to go to an unpopulated location.

I've tried it a few times in my Civic (you know the one) It was fun... Need new tires before I do it again.

You still have that old Sentra? I bet you could flip that Bi@tch. If you still have it I'd be surprised though.

What's up Jeffery bro's?

Haha, so it is. I subscribed to this thread 3 months ago, I was a little puzzled as to why there was a post now. But yeah, speaking of drifting I just went out for a drift just then in the wet, good fun.