recommended hdmi cables?

I would personally just buy one off of ebay. I have a Monster Cable DVI and a cheapo cable from ebay and I can't tell the difference between the two, same goes for component. Monster Cable is just overpriced.

HDMI Ebay

Yeah, it looks like I'm going with HDMI cables from this site...

http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp

The prices that Bestbuy and Circuit City are charging for the cables they have in stock are ridiculous. Supposedly the cables from here are just as good as the ones from Monster at a fraction of the cost.

A question...

Will I notice any difference in video quality between component and HDMI/DVI??

HDMI/DVI should be better than Component

FYI: Brand/Quality of cable doesent make a difference in video/image quailty if its digital (but it makes a HUGE difference in analog)

The difference will be noticed if the hardware pumping out the signal is optimized for the digital stuff. Some cable boxes look better on component while others properly show hdmi/dvi better.

The difference will be noticed if the hardware pumping out the signal is optimized for the digital stuff. Some cable boxes look better on component while others properly show hdmi/dvi better.

585650485[/snapback]

DVI/HDMI looks worse on my cable box. The boxes brand is south atlantic or something I forget. You can't swicth between HD and SD on hdmi/dvi though since it can't switch signals (bad bios that doesn't have dvi/hdmi fully enabled). I wish I would have known that before getting a dvi to hdmi monster cable (atleast it was 50 bucks or so instead of 130 with best buy discount from a friend). Guess, its lucky that my monster component cables look better on it, heh (again best buy discount).

Lol, I also have a monster dvi cable that I got around the same time for the other tv. Its a different box (pioneer), but from the same cable company but it doesn't work either. Maybe someday I will be able to use my cables though (although since dvi is disapearing in place of hdmi, its doubtful). Again the quality is worse on dvi with this box (pretty grainy). Beautiful with component though.

585650485[/snapback]

Yep, when it comes to digital/component, it depends on the source. I'm guessing that as HD-DVD players come out, its going to adopt HDMI as its optimized output rather than DVI.

Yep, when it comes to digital/component, it depends on the source. I'm guessing that as HD-DVD players come out, its going to adopt HDMI as its optimized output rather than DVI.

585652151[/snapback]

Well, I ordered the cable from Monoprice.com. Since it's only $15, I'm willing to take the risk that the quality won't be any different than component.