Speakers or Headphones ?

66 members have voted

1. 1. Speakers or Headphones ?

• Headphones
    • Speakers

Hey, I have a Similar question about PowerDVD. On Listening to the Dobly Digital/DTS on DVD, do you use HP1, or Hp2, or Hp3 or SurroundTX ?

I have a pair of Seinnheiser (sp?) which I love ($450) but I prefer my martin-Logan Aerius i speakers

fi_aerius.jpg

Killer combo with my 500 watt amp and 12-inch sub. Scanned in my 850 cd's and connected my computer to my stereo. Now have 12,000 songs online.

come on? headphones over speakers? are you nuts?

maybe to not disturb anyone when they're sleeping but for all time use? no way

Originally posted by drdoogs8

I always use my nifty Altec-Lansing speakers with that little thing called a SUBWOOFER. Anything else isn't fun!

yes, SUBWOOFERS are nice. but wouldn't it be nice to have some tweeters around? TWEETERS MAKE THE EARS BLEED!!!

wish i had some...

man i wish there were surround heaphones

Am @ university and my friend is working on a pair :)

Personally I dont like headphones - I think the music should be free to travel through the room, through you spine, through the wall into the next door neighbours bedroom... bass is the key!

Originally posted by Pruska

My Subwoofer in ma room is SWEET.

SS8.GIF

cdchangeranim.gifmk_remoteanim.gif

The most amazing sound quality i have ever heard in my life.

Nak makes some great equipment. Back in the early 80's (pre-CD for you youngsters) I had a Nak Dragon cassette deck. It sold new for over $2000, fortunatley I was able to pick up a used one for about $600. What a great deck.

• 3 weeks later...

speakers :D

i got my machine hooked up to my dd5.1(and prologic) amp, 5 speakers and a nice sub, means games sound wicked and so do mp3s :D no ones in the hpuse most of the day and te neighbours have given up complaining, so this baby is usually at about 40% volume, which is loud enough :D

...oh and u tend to get a bit freaked out when using earphones, especially when playing something like rtcw or any other freaky/scary games!

oh btw, i use dtt3500, cost a bit, but definately worth it, its hooked up to my gamecube, my pc and my dvd player :evil:

speakers...head phones dont give u the quality that a kickass set of speakers can...theyre all around better. unless u wanna be kept to urself and wanna listen to pop music in public, get headphones otherwise go for the speakers;)