DVD Player that plays AVI Files?

Hi yesterday i bought a Hitachi 37" Plasma TV and wall mount and it looks pretty nice as you can see here :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/ste...51/Image140.jpg

But i have heard people talking about DVD players that can Play Any AVI Video downloaded from the net or elsewhere without having to be converted............is it true what i have heard or just a joke as i am looking to buy 1 if its true :D

Thanx!

Edited by stevonw

Whats the res of that plasma?

Anyways yes there are a few that play MPEG4 type files. However I'd recommend getting a modded X box connected to that plasma. My father in law got a 42" hitachi a while back. Tried the Xbox connected to it, widescreen mode, kicked ass.

The Xbox supports progressive scan output also, with the hi def pack. Running 720p was sweet :p

Click below for screenies

Project Mayhem

Got my parents one of these a week or two ago. They love it. Its played all the divx movies I've given them.

I've heard a lot of good things about them too. Next thing is to try 6 xvids on a DVDR.

:laugh:

Not a bad price either, and the delivery is quite quick.

I currently have a Philips DVP-462 and it's one of the best DVD/DivX players I have ever bought. It's a very nice player overall and will play everything but Real Media, QuickTime, and Windows Media files.

And another great feature of this player, it's flashable. Just download the upgrade, burn it to a CD-R/-RW and flash away. And the drive is also region free, though not all DVP-462's sold are region free by default, but if it's not you can simply press in a special code on the remote, and it's region free.

Edit: Woot 100 posts....